Contribute
Register

Not Shy's Guide - Potentially Fix Bluetooth Sleep/Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Belkin Mini http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E96JBK

In system profiler Bluetooth reports it as VendorID:0 and Product ID: 0x1, but USB reports it as VendorID:0x050d ProductID:0x016a. 0x050d converts to 1293 and 0x016a converts to 362. From what others here who have the same dongle have said, these values work for them. They don’t work for me. “Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer” still shows as grey. I also tried the BroadcomAppleBluetooth kext someone else here uploaded, but that also did not change anything. I know I am installing them correctly as I’ve installed many kexts manually before. Anyone have any ideas about what’s going on here? I’ve attached the edited kexts. Please let me know what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IOBluetoothFamily.kext.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
  • BroadcomAppleBluetooth.kext.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 98
i opened the Bluetooth Family kext you attached cuzog and i saw the product id as 33392 and vendor id as 1452 which is clearly incorrect given the product and vendor ID for your device as seen in System Profiler under USB.

Did you follow the steps I outlined in my earlier post on this thread to remedy specifically the issue where product ID and vendor ID register as "0" in System Profiler under Bluetooth? Did you download the software I suggested to edit the kext?

jaspercat5 said:
i opened the Bluetooth Family kext you attached cuzog and i saw the product id as 33392 and vendor id as 1452 which is clearly incorrect given the product and vendor ID for your device as seen in System Profiler under USB.

Did you follow the steps I outlined in my earlier post on this thread to remedy specifically the issue where product ID and vendor ID register as "0" in System Profiler under Bluetooth? Did you download the software I suggested to edit the kext?
Thanks for the tip on downloading PlistEdit Pro. That pointed out the parsing error on the section for my vendor/device I was missing a < before /key>. After correcting that, everything works great now!
:clap: :headbang:

Great. Glad you got it sorted.

I'd recommend anyone to try installing a proper mac BT module to an internal USB header.

After getting the parts it only took 30 mins to put together and I was being v slow !

The range is v v v long and obviously it's supported out of the box.

Plus it makes good use of your internal USB headers !

Which Apple bluetooth module did you use Notshy?

I bought the latest Apple BT module and thought I would have been able to connect it through the same mini PCI adapter I used for the Apple Airport card. But it wasn't compatible and I couldn't find a solution so I made Trust module work properly.

jaspercat5 said:
Which Apple bluetooth module did you use Notshy?

I bought the latest Apple BT module and thought I would have been able to connect it through the same mini PCI adapter I used for the Apple Airport card. But it wasn't compatible and I couldn't find a solution so I made Trust module work properly.

See page 17 for a link to where I got the guide from. I bought one that exactly matched the picture - make sure that you get a cable, antenna and board all together when you buy it.

Thanks Notshy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back