Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H410M S2H
CPU
Intel Core i3 10100
Graphics
Radeon RX 570
Hello together,

I have a Gigabyte H410M S2H and an Intel Core i3 10100F and followed the installation instructions. I also did the necessary settings in the Bios to boot from the Stick. But nothing happens. I can select the Stick and then the screen is black for some seconds and then the boot menue is back again.

My question, could it be that it is not working with the Core i3 10100F since it has no GPU included in the Chip? I have a Radeon RX570 which should work according to the Buyers Guide...

Thanks for your help :)

Hello together,

I have a Gigabyte H410M S2H and an Intel Core i3 10100F and followed the installation instructions. I also did the necessary settings in the Bios to boot from the Stick. But nothing happens. I can select the Stick and then the screen is black for some seconds and then the boot menue is back again.

My question, could it be that it is not working with the Core i3 10100F since it has no GPU included in the Chip? I have a Radeon RX570 which should work according to the Buyers Guide...

Hi there.

When you say "I can select the stick" do you mean from the BIOS boot menu?

If so, and the boot does not proceed but returns to the BIOS menu, then likely the format or structure of the USB installer is wrong in some way.

What version of macOS are you trying to install?

Hello together,

I have a Gigabyte H410M S2H and an Intel Core i3 10100F and followed the installation instructions. I also did the necessary settings in the Bios to boot from the Stick. But nothing happens. I can select the Stick and then the screen is black for some seconds and then the boot menu is back again.

The problem is definitely not related to the fact your CPU does not have CPU integrated graphics. I use a KF CPU myself and have no problems running MacOS Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina.

Since you have a system based on Intel 10th generation hardware, it won't work if you use a USB stick generated by Unibeast, as the version of Clover included does not support your system. Are you using that? If so, you have to switch to using OpenCore or Clover 5124 and later as bootloader.

Note also that your system is officially supported only on MacOS Catalina and Big Sur. Tell us the answer to UtterDisbelief's question : What version of macOS are you trying to install?

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate that!

Correct, I meant from the BIOS boot menu. Good to know that it should not be the problem because of the missing CPU integrated graphics.

I was trying to install macOS Catalina. And yes I tried it with Unibeast... So I will go all the way back and do it with OpenCore or Clover. Any recommondation which one is easier to install?

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back