Contribute
Register

Not booting after update sierra 10.12 to 10.12.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for asking too much but
which audio layout patch for notebook audio layout 3, audio layout 12 or in Toleda's repo enable audio 1,2,3
and hdas->Hdef means add dsdt/HDEF/Audio ID:1 from toleda's repo

Your question regarding layout-id is covered in the ACPI patching guide. You should read it.
HDAS->HDEF can be accomplished with Find/Replace in MaciASL.

I searched on web and find my device id for alc898 is 0x10EC0899 an converted it to decimal 283904153 and I searched it on at AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist and zero result and I tried to find closest number to this its 283904133 It has five values I tried all of them “36 12 0 64 63” still no sound only 0 and 63 recognized to my card on this values I am still on 63 and here is my last system logs I also changed hdas hdef and IRQ Fix on dsdt what should I do next or did I do something wrong?

Attachments

• Audio Issue.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 70
I searched on web and find my device id for alc898 is 0x10EC0899

You seem confused. 0x10ec0899 would be Realtek ALC899, not ALC898.
Attach your audio codec dump from Linux.

here it is

Attachments

• Audio codec dump.zip
    2 KB · Views: 72
here it is

It is Realtek ALC899.
Note:
Code:
Vendor Id: 0x10ec0899

Make sure the patched AppleHDA you're trying to use matches it.

so what is my audio layout? I could't figure out and linux and windows says its alc898 I am much confused right now

so what is my audio layout? I could't figure out and linux and windows says its alc898 I am much confused right now

You have to look at your AppleHDA.kext content. The layout-id choice is an arbitrary one by the person who creates the patched AppleHDA components.

It is covered in the ACPI patching guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back