Contribute
Register

NootRX

craighazan said:
Another update for NootRX appeared about an hour ago, 'Updates for macOS 14.4' edition is good news for those waiting to update macOS, ie 'Me', to the latest version.

:thumbup::clap::headbang:

I still wouldn't update to Sonoma 14,4 just yet. Wait until Apple have fixed the USB issues. Probably with the release of Sonoma 14.4.1!

Last edited:
I still wouldn't update to Sonoma 14,1 just yet. Wait until Apple have fixed the USB issues. Probably with the release of Sonoma 14.4.1!

I agree
There are too many weird little oddities being reported on various forums

Go for it if you want, but I don't see the upside to rushing into it

I’ve already bricked my 5700U attempting to update to 14.4, so did a clean install of Ventura. I’m not updating my 5700X/6700XT pairing yet.

Has anyone already updated MacOs Ventura with the Noot kext? This is the second time I have stopped after the update in the middle of the bar. The first time after finishing the installation of MacOs Ventura itself, at the last stage before the language selection screen appears. That time I just used the old bootloader without NootRX, but WEG was there. This time after the Ventura update the same thing - I had to use the old bootloader after the update to get through the last stage of the update.

Attachments

• IMG_0424.jpeg
    IMG_0424.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
Has anyone already updated MacOs Ventura with the Noot kext? This is the second time I have stopped after the update in the middle of the bar. The first time after finishing the installation of MacOs Ventura itself, at the last stage before the language selection screen appears. That time I just used the old bootloader without NootRX, but WEG was there. This time after the Ventura update the same thing - I had to use the old bootloader after the update to get through the last stage of the update.
Latest update might be useful to you, the 'Add support for the RX 6750 GRE 10 GB' came out a couple of hours ago, I'd be interested in the seeing a bench with the latest kext.

Latest update might be useful to you, the 'Add support for the RX 6750 GRE 10 GB' came out a couple of hours ago, I'd be interested in the seeing a bench with the latest kext.
Cinebench just got a little more interesting )

Attachments

• 2024-03-27_14-18-32.png
    2024-03-27_14-18-32.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 44
Anybody have the most recent compiled version of this kext? I tried on my machine, and it failed.

NootRX worked well for me on a PowerColor 6750xt yesterday!

Sadly the card went back as it was doing some weird flashing (even at BIOS) and I'm pretty sure it was defective (or soon to be - Amazon Warehouse)

Back to my 6600XT for now

Back