Contribute
Register

Nood need advice on Parts for mini-ITX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since my MacBook Pro went down (long story), I have been wanting to build a HACKINTOSH since the current MACs hardware are a bit outdated.

After plenty of researches, I have come to the conclusion as to how I would like to build my CustoMac. However, I am still a bit in the wind about a few parts since this is my first rodeo. So I would gladly appreciate some advice.

Do keep in mind, that I am heavy on music production and I chose to go with the AKASA EULER M fanless chassis in hope of a quiet build. I will use the on-board graphics since it will support 2-1080p monitors just fine.

-Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI
-Intel Skylake Core i7-6700
-Dell DW1560 Broadcom BCM94352Z
-Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (2x 8GB) DDR4-2400
-External 12vDC PicoPSU Power Brick
-MiniBox 160W picoPSU-160-XT
-Samsung 850 Pro SATA III 512GD SSD

the extra struggle that I am having right now is, would the SSD 950 PRO NVMe 512GB works (HACKINTOSH of course)? Or should I save myself the extra dollars and headache by settling for the 850 Pro?

Thanks guys!!!

Ever since my MacBook Pro went down (long story), I have been wanting to build a HACKINTOSH since the current MACs hardware are a bit outdated.

After plenty of researches, I have come to the conclusion as to how I would like to build my CustoMac. However, I am still a bit in the wind about a few parts since this is my first rodeo. So I would gladly appreciate some advice.

Do keep in mind, that I am heavy on music production and I chose to go with the AKASA EULER M fanless chassis in hope of a quiet build. I will use the on-board graphics since it will support 2-1080p monitors just fine.

-Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI
-Intel Skylake Core i7-6700
-Dell DW1560 Broadcom BCM94352Z
-Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (2x 8GB) DDR4-2400
-External 12vDC PicoPSU Power Brick
-MiniBox 160W picoPSU-160-XT
-Samsung 850 Pro SATA III 512GD SSD

the extra struggle that I am having right now is, would the SSD 950 PRO NVMe 512GB works (HACKINTOSH of course)? Or should I save myself the extra dollars and headache by settling for the 850 Pro?

Thanks guys!!!
that i7 is not going to work. Suggest you look at the AKASA compatibility chart for mainboard/CPU compatibility again:
http://www.akasa.com.tw/search.php?seed=A-ITX19-A1B

There seems to be a 35 Watt limit on CPU TDP

Also, would you recommend going with a FANLESS chassis or not? Thanks. I am currently looking into some of the STREACOM chassis right now
For a fanless chassis I personally like the Streacom FC8 EVO. It is good up to 95W so your i7 would work with it.

One last question, will this low profile graphic card works? (EVGA GeForce GT 740 2GB GDDR3 DVI/HDM/VGA Low Profile Graphics Cards 02G-P4-2740-KR)
It should work in the FC8 EVO - 240x250x100 mm dimension and the GPU is 152x68.9 mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back