Motherboard
AsRock Z97
CPU
i5-4590
Graphics
GeForce GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Trying to get audio working through ALC892 ports on my AsRock h170m Pro4 with Sierra 10.12.6
It worked fine back when I had Yosemite running on this system, but I did a fresh install with Sierra and for the life of me, I can't get it running.

HDMI audio works to the monitors terrible built in speakers, but the 3.5mm jacks all don't seem to do anything, no non-HDMI sources detected in system audio settings.

I don't understand even a tiny bit of any of the sticky guides here.. Many say to remove failed audio attempts/kexts But I don't know how to do that either. I can't even see where there are instructions written anywhere on them, just a bunch of nonsense advanced level computer stuff

Based on other threads, I tried this: https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection/blob/master/audio_codecdetect.command.zip and it is what made the HDMI audio start working, and I also tried going back through multicast doing the optional 100 series audio, and the voodoo 2.8.6 with no luck.

If relevant, I'm running the latest version of unibeast/multibeast, using geforce gt 740 with Nvidia web drivers, i5 4590 and just followed the main installation guide on tonymacx86

Edit: I downloaded this: https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC/blob/master/audio_cloverALC-120.command.zip as I thought it was just to get more information on your system so I could post for troubleshooting.. Ran it, it said "this is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future..." and asked if "OK to Patch" and I accepted all those, it ran through, and fixed everything as far as I can tell. USB / HDMI / 3.5mm audio all working now!

Is that file (audiocloverALC120.command) still available anywhere to download? On Github; says it's no longer there :(...Why is it I wonder that people delete things that supposedly helps someone else out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back