Contribute
Register

NO - WIFI Sierra - Broadcom BCM94352Z M.2 - Yes i know one thread said it is solved

• Thread starter Deleted member 188658
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have followed the USB configuration guide and all is well with USB.

When I DID NOT HAVE the

patch, BT worked but there was NO WIFI

With the patch, there is WIFI but NO BT

Suggestions? I will try removing the fcvo patch and see if that brings back BT and loses WiFi. I will update later.

Your ioreg proves USB is not configured correctly.
You need USBInjectAll.kext with a correctly coded custom SSDT to configure it.

Your ioreg proves USB is not configured correctly.
You need USBInjectAll.kext with a correctly coded custom SSDT to configure it.

You are correct I have a USB config problem. But I have continued to report it here as it appears as a BT identification problem.

Here's what I've done:

1. On my two OTHER Hackintoshes I have SUCCESSFULLY limited the USB ports to the active ports, following your guide. I'm failing on this ASROCK mobo. I have attached the SSDT-UIAC-ASROCK.dsl that I have re-generated a second time (going over the guide piece by piece) and failed a second time to limit the USB . I changed from iMacDSL version 1.4 back to your version 1.3 and got the same USB port limit failures, i.e. the SSDT does not correctly enumerate the ports. I made sure that the ACPI preference was set to 6.1 when I compiled and SAVE-AS to aml code. I tried these options as well:

a) boot with option -uia_ignore_rmcf : the USB ports seem to come out in a list HS01 to SS04 (15 ports) in the SAME way as when I use USBInjectAll.kext and my SSDT-UIAC.asl.

b) I have tried the boot options 'boot-args=dart=0 uia_exclude=HS01;HS02;SS02;SS02;HS07;HS12;HS13;SS07 kext-dev-mode=1' But this does NOT effect the USB configuration , IOREGs still shows it as containing HS01, HS02 etc. ascending. Have I got a syntax problem there? I have attached bootlog.txt and it does NOT show any problem with the parsing of the boot flags - maybe it wouldn't anyway ? To get this option to work do I have to remove USBInjectAll.kext?

In the attached config.plist you can see that I still have the renaming of EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02 - although I think these renames are not needed int he Z270M mobo.

2. I have removed any SORT option on the .aml files which I was using at one time. This still doesn't allow me to configure the USB correctly - either with a SORT or without any sort order. I tried many sort orders still no success in the USB config.

I have USBInectAll.kext in CLOVER/kexts/Other (see attached) . Should this be in S/L/E only? On my successful Hacks I have it in the CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

Obviously I have done something stupid. But I can't find it. Any help appreciated. Why can't the USB be port limited the way I want?

Attached is a full problem report request. Again my OS version is 10.12.6.

Attachments

• BT-Is-USB-ConfigProblem.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
You are correct I have a USB config problem. But I have continued to report it here as it appears as a BT identification problem.

Here's what I've done:

1. On my two OTHER Hackintoshes I have SUCCESSFULLY limited the USB ports to the active ports, following your guide. I'm failing on this ASROCK mobo. I have attached the SSDT-UIAC-ASROCK.dsl that I have re-generated a second time (going over the guide piece by piece) and failed a second time to limit the USB . I changed from iMacDSL version 1.4 back to your version 1.3 and got the same USB port limit failures, i.e. the SSDT does not correctly enumerate the ports. I made sure that the ACPI preference was set to 6.1 when I compiled and SAVE-AS to aml code. I tried these options as well:

a) boot with option -uia_ignore_rmcf : the USB ports seem to come out in a list HS01 to SS04 (15 ports) in the SAME way as when I use USBInjectAll.kext and my SSDT-UIAC.asl.

b) I have tried the boot options 'boot-args=dart=0 uia_exclude=HS01;HS02;SS02;SS02;HS07;HS12;HS13;SS07 kext-dev-mode=1' But this does NOT effect the USB configuration , IOREGs still shows it as containing HS01, HS02 etc. ascending. Have I got a syntax problem there? I have attached bootlog.txt and it does NOT show any problem with the parsing of the boot flags - maybe it wouldn't anyway ? To get this option to work do I have to remove USBInjectAll.kext?

In the attached config.plist you can see that I still have the renaming of EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02 - although I think these renames are not needed int he Z270M mobo.

2. I have removed any SORT option on the .aml files which I was using at one time. This still doesn't allow me to configure the USB correctly - either with a SORT or without any sort order. I tried many sort orders still no success in the USB config.

I have USBInectAll.kext in CLOVER/kexts/Other (see attached) . Should this be in S/L/E only? On my successful Hacks I have it in the CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

Obviously I have done something stupid. But I can't find it. Any help appreciated. Why can't the USB be port limited the way I want?

Attached is a full problem report request. Again my OS version is 10.12.6.

Your USBInjectAll.kext is too old. It is 0.5.17. Latest is 0.6.3.
0.5.17 has no support for the SMBIOS you're using.

I didn't check anything else.

Your USBInjectAll.kext is too old. It is 0.5.17. Latest is 0.6.3.
0.5.17 has no support for the SMBIOS you're using.

I didn't check anything else.

You ARE the man! I updated USBInjectAll.kext and my port limiting on iMac18,2 for USB is up and working!

I then dropped back into Windows and looked at the Location property of the BT driver in the Window's Device Manager, and it was HS14 ! But I had not identified that port on the port injection search - probably because USBInjectAll.kext was not working.

As usual Murphy Rules.

I corrected my SSDT-UIAC.aml to include HS14, rebooted, BT showed up, and it paired to my mouse.

RehabMan if you have a Swiss bank account I will gladly wire you a donation. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Thank you.

As ever, one more question.

If I change the model to iMac 14,2 from iMac18,2 the 5GHx WiFi goes away. If I change it back to iMac18,2 model it comes back. Is there an explanation? Should this happen?

Name=AirPortBrcm4360 is wrong.
Must be: com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360

Why isn't this required information in any other place I've seen? I've been working for DAYS trying to get my wifi working. Simply adding the full name of the kext fixed the issue. Is this the case because this kext is embedded in another kext?

Why isn't this required information in any other place I've seen? I've been working for DAYS trying to get my wifi working. Simply adding the full name of the kext fixed the issue. Is this the case because this kext is embedded in another kext?

It is an intentional change in Clover. The guides you may have been reading probably have not been updated (you may be reading old guides).

Regardless, I'm glad to have found the required information. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back