Contribute
Register

NO - WIFI Sierra - Broadcom BCM94352Z M.2 - Yes i know one thread said it is solved

• Thread starter Deleted member 188658
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 188658

I know there is a thread marked solved on this very issue: - just not for me. I posted on that thread but am worried that no moderator/RehabMan will see that posting - so am posting as a separate thread.

I'm on a ASRock Z270 ITX Fatal1ty MOBO with a Broadcom BCM94352Z Dell DW1560 card replacing the standard of the mobo. I am using Sierra 10.12.6 hoping to get this OS version up and running before trying High Sierra 10.13.x.

I have downloaded and installed:

I installed RehabMan https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads/ and https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-brcmpatchram/downloads/

So in my CLOVER/kexts/Other folder I have:
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
and
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

along with other kexts, see attached, which contains config.plist, and kexts/Other, and CLOVER/patched folders from my EFI partition.

I have added screen shots of System Information on Bluetooth (working) and Enet ( no wireless seen).

Note in my config.plist I have implemented both KernelPatches Recommended

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11.dp1+ BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot, credit RehabMan based on Dokterdok original</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>SIX/dEdIiwc=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOBluetoothFamily</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>Qb4PAAAA60Q=</data>
</dict>

and
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
gflSqgAAdSk=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
gflSqgAAZpA=
</data>
</dict>

This Mobo is just not working for me, no audio, no Wifi etc. Been working on it now for months.

T

Attachments

• BroadcomBCM94352M.2-ReportFile-2.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 82
I know there is a thread marked solved on this very issue: - just not for me. I posted on that thread but am worried that no moderator/RehabMan will see that posting - so am posting as a separate thread.

I'm on a ASRock Z270 ITX Fatal1ty MOBO with a Broadcom BCM94352Z Dell DW1560 card replacing the standard of the mobo. I am using Sierra 10.12.6 hoping to get this OS version up and running before trying High Sierra 10.13.x.

I installed RehabMan https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads/ and https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-brcmpatchram/downloads/

BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
and
FakePCIID.kext

along with other kexts, see attached, which contains config.plist, and kexts/Other, and CLOVER/patched folders from my EFI partition.

I have added screen shots of System Information on Bluetooth (working) and Enet ( no wireless seen).

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11.dp1+ BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot, credit RehabMan based on Dokterdok original</string>
<key>Find</key>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
</dict>

and
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
gflSqgAAdSk=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
gflSqgAAZpA=
</data>
</dict>

This Mobo is just not working for me, no audio, no Wifi etc. Been working on it now for months.

T
all kexts should be installed to system

all kexts should be installed to system

Sorry this is unclear to me.

Are you saying that :

BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

should be installed to /System/Library/Extensions?

What about :
FakePCIID.kext

I've never seen those except in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

Or are you saying they ALL have to be put in SLE ?

Also to quote RehabMan:
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext: Most appropriate for EFI/Clover/kexts. BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, while much more memory efficient, cannot be injected as can BrcmFirmwareData.kext

• Advanced users: For custom firmware injectors, install the injector plus BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext. This works from either /S/L/E or EFI/Clover/kexts.
T

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry this is unclear to me.

Are you saying that :

BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

should be installed to /System/Library/Extensions?

What about :
FakePCIID.kext

I've never seen those except in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

Or are you saying they ALL have to be put in SLE ?

Also to quote RehabMan:
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext: Most appropriate for EFI/Clover/kexts. BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, while much more memory efficient, cannot be injected as can BrcmFirmwareData.kext

• Advanced users: For custom firmware injectors, install the injector plus BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext. This works from either /S/L/E or EFI/Clover/kexts.
T
this is from Rehabman's guide which is a laptop guide but is still relevant:
Installing Kexts

You should install all kexts you need (including FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, etc) to /System/Library/Extensions (/S/L/E) using a kext installer (such as Kext Wizard). Think carefully about "kexts you need". For example, if you needed HPRAIDInjector.kext for a SATA chip locked in RAID mode, you'll need to install it in order to boot (without it, the system would be unable to mount root and would get stuck early in the boot process).

Of course, essential kexts should be installed to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other as they are needed to boot the installer (during updates) or the recovery partition.

It is a mistake to install everything to Clover/kexts. Contrary to popular hackintosh myth, it does not result in a cleaner install (the opposite is true). Many kexts will not work from Clover/kexts, so installing them to /S/L/E where they can be included in kernel cache is the best approach.

People often ask me why I install kexts to /S/L/E (or /L/E on 10.11).

I have many reasons:
- placing them in /S/L/E (or /L/E on 10.11) and including in kernel cache, makes kextcache do a lot of error checking.
- if you develop kexts, error checking is very important!
- some kexts don't work from Clover/kexts (AppleHDA injector, CodecCommander, BrcmFirmware*)
- the idea behind Clover/kexts is to have a set of *stable* and *minimalistic* kexts that will allow booting of the installer/recovery, not full functionality
- so...the kexts there I tend to not update as often and the full set is not there (less unneeded kexts, less problems)
- placing kexts into kernel cache for day-to-day use is "more native" (as it would be on a real Mac) vs. injection (which is very non-Mac)

IMO, placing kexts in Clover/kexts for injection when not needed is like "flying blind." I don't know about you, but I would not board a plane with a blind pilot (no offense to the blind).

You might be wondering if this will result in duplicate kexts being loaded due to the kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts being injected when they are also installed to the system volume. The answer is no, not generally. With config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts="Detect", kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts are not injected when FakeSMC.kext is in kernel cache. Because FakeSMC.kext is always a "kext you need", you will always install it to the system volume, which will put it in kernel cache. Kernel cache, of course, will not have FakeSMC.kext when booting the installer or recovery, so in these cases the kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts *will* be injected as you would expect.

also more info here about installing your wifi card:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
and
FakePCIID.kext

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<key>Find</key>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
</dict>

and
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
gflSqgAAdSk=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
gflSqgAAZpA=
</data>
</dict>

T

Name=AirPortBrcm4360 is wrong.
Must be: com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360

his is from Rehabman's guide which is a laptop guide but is still relevant:
Installing Kexts

Thank you for your reply. Your references seemed to conflict (partially) with RehabMan's README/Overview. Because of this and this reply from RehabMan, I left the kexts in EFI/kexts/Other.

Also I'm not sure that I agree (but admit to have little experience) that one would not need WiFi kexts and support when booting to a Recovery Partition. Couldn't a network connection in that instance be important. Again I submit to your better experience and advice.

Name=AirPortBrcm4360 is wrong.
Must be: com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360

As result of this kind advice, I did change the name as RehabMan suggested, and rebooted.

Hello, I now have 2.4GHz WiFi but no 5GHz. AND I lost the BT which was there before the KernalPatch correction, so no BT.

Am attempting to find and understand this reference: "1/27/15 - BCM94352HMB/AzureWave AW-CB123H 5 GHz update, see Post #840" from [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2 to see if i can fix 5GHz, and then looking around to see if I can also fix the BT - which as I said is now gone.

I do eventually intend to update to High Sierra 10.13.x. Here's some questions:

1) If I have brcm* kexts installed in S/L/E and do an update to 10.13.x will that remove the brcm* kexts and I will have to reinstall?
2) Do I remove the 'fvo' KernalPatch when I update to 10.13.x - or do I leave it alone and remove it when I think about it?
3) Any suggestion on getting BT back and running and saving me ploughing through the Forums?

Thanks.

PS. I gave a donation to this site, was wondering if you guys get a cut of that, or do all donations just go to the support and running?

Thank you for your reply. Your references seemed to conflict (partially) with RehabMan's README/Overview. Because of this and this reply from RehabMan, I left the kexts in EFI/kexts/Other.

Also I'm not sure that I agree (but admit to have little experience) that one would not need WiFi kexts and support when booting to a Recovery Partition. Couldn't a network connection in that instance be important. Again I submit to your better experience and advice.

All "kexts you need" should be installed to the system volume (with recent macOS/OS X, to /L/E).
Kext injection is only for "essential" kexts needed for the installer and recovery.

All "kexts you need" should be installed to the system volume (with recent macOS/OS X, to /L/E).
Kext injection is only for "essential" kexts needed for the installer and recovery.

Thanks RehabMan. I have done as you advised, all kexts brcm* have been moved/installed in S/L/E

I now have WiFi 2.4 and 5G working just fine. But my BlueTooth has disappeared. Why?

I have booted the Windows 10 OS on this mobo/system an both BT and Wifi 2.4 / 5G all work there.

I have read and re-read the : [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2, especially this section:

Step 2/Enable BT (With WiFi or Without WiFi)
Bluetooth 4LE (10.12/10.11 - all versions)

I don't see what I have done wrong. Please advise, yet again. Attached all that I believe you need to debug.

T

Attachments

• Bluetooth-Failure.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
Thanks RehabMan. I have done as you advised, all kexts brcm* have been moved/installed in S/L/E

I now have WiFi 2.4 and 5G working just fine. But my BlueTooth has disappeared. Why?

I have booted the Windows 10 OS on this mobo/system an both BT and Wifi 2.4 / 5G all work there.

I have read and re-read the : [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2, especially this section:

I don't see what I have done wrong. Please advise, yet again. Attached all that I believe you need to debug.

T

No bluetooth controller on the USB bus.
Hardware installation problem? (verify BT works on Windows)

USB configured incorrectly?
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

USB configured incorrectly?

I have followed the USB configuration guide and all is well with USB.

When I DID NOT HAVE the
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
gflSqgAAdSk=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
gflSqgAAZpA=
</data>
</dict>

patch, BT worked but there was NO WIFI

With the patch, there is WIFI but NO BT

Suggestions? I will try removing the fcvo patch and see if that brings back BT and loses WiFi. I will update later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back