Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I installed Mojave on a HP Probook 4540s using this guide and also performed the post-installation steps. Unfortunately I have no WiFi and I have an AR-9285. Is there any way to make it work, such as installing High Sierra kext or something?

Hello,
I installed Mojave on a HP Probook 4540s using this guide and also performed the post-installation steps. Unfortunately I have no WiFi and I have an AR-9285. Is there any way to make it work, such as installing High Sierra kext or something?
According from the guide and this post, AR9285 has no longer supported since Mojave.
Note: Atheros WiFi not supported on Mojave (Apple removed it).

Suggest change to another WIFI card or using kexts from High Sierra.

Hello,
Mojave dropped support for all Atheros cards. A workaround is to install the kext from High Sierra.

I have AR-9285 in the HP Probook 4540s at home and it works fine with this file, except BT sometimes is unusable when I wake it up. Do you suggest I get some other card?

I have AR-9285 in the HP Probook 4540s at home and it works fine with this file, except BT sometimes is unusable when I wake it up. Do you suggest I get some other card?
For now, the card based on Broadcom solution is generally recommend.
Most people choose DW1560 as hacintosh usage card because it use BCM94352Z chip which supported.
And you can choose DW1830 which use BCM94360 also supported, too. If the laptop has more antennas.

WiFi unrelated to BT.
If you have an issue, you must attach PR files as per FAQ.

Note: Bad idea to install AirportAtheros40.kext into the IO80211Family Plugins. Install to /L/E instead.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

But your 4540s can accommodate supported Broadcom WiFi: BCM94352HMB. You should replace your WiFi card.

For now, the card based on Broadcom solution is generally recommend.
Most people choose DW1560 as hacintosh usage card because it use BCM94352Z chip which supported.
And you can choose DW1830 which use BCM94360 also supported, too. If the laptop has more antennas.

DW1560/BCM94352Z is NGFF... will not fit in a 4540s which uses half-mini PCIe.

Suggestion: BCM94352HMB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back