Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK
CPU
Intel i7 4770
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I need help here. I managed to get sound on my Gigabyte mobo (ga-z97x-gaming g1 wifi-bk) using VoodooHDA (2.8.8) but I can´t get volume control, and sound is really loud (sounds as if it has a lot of gain). I've changed 'VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix' on the kext´s Info.plist, but I didn't work.

I appreciate any help!

Hi,

I need help here. I managed to get sound on my Gigabyte mobo (ga-z97x-gaming g1 wifi-bk) using VoodooHDA (2.8.8) but I can´t get volume control, and sound is really loud (sounds as if it has a lot of gain). I've changed 'VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix' on the kext´s Info.plist, but I didn't work.

I appreciate any help!

It has happened to me to, after installing Sierra no volume control. I've checked everything and in the end I think the answer is that (I don't know why) I had to kexts and two preference panels one in S/L/E and another one in the Library directory that hangs directly from "root".
I delete the kext file from the /Library/Extensions directory and the VoodoHda prefpane from the /Library/PreferencePanes, rebuild cache, restart and it started to work.

Hope it'll work for you also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back