Contribute
Register

No USB WiFi for OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wau... How is this possible??? :headbang:

U got it maaan!!!! Just with one single flag. :banghead:

I have to test the other USB WiFis and probably make correction to my initial post in this thread.

It forces USB2 devices to be handled by AppleUSBEHCI instead of GenericUSBXHCI.

I know this is a laptop thread but I am trying to use this same USB wifi and I am suffering the same sleep/shutdown issue on my DSDT free desktop build. Plus if I remove the dongle the system freezes. The kernel flag does not seem to fix it for me (unless I am not applying it correctly). Sorry if I am dense but help would be appreciated!

I know this is a laptop thread but I am trying to use this same USB wifi and I am suffering the same sleep/shutdown issue on my DSDT free desktop build. Plus if I remove the dongle the system freezes. The kernel flag does not seem to fix it for me (unless I am not applying it correctly). Sorry if I am dense but help would be appreciated!

Post in the desktop or networking forum. This forum is only for laptops.

EW-7811Un_Mac_driver_v1.0.0.5 <<--- Works fine with Sitecom N300/ WLA-2100 v2 100 usb adapter with no fix/mod on OSX Mavericks 10.9.5 .. just install, reboot, plug adapter and the utility popup, select network, put ur pwd and voilà.. connected...

I have the EW-7811Un and the 10.10 drivers from edimax work well on my laptop. Is there a way to hide the utility on startup? selecting it and hiding it in in users and groups doesn't work. It would be nice to have it connecting automatically without showing it

I'm using both: EDIMAX EW-7811UN, Bolse BO-N1557 with my Lenovo U430 (have not cracked the BIOS yet to remove WiFi whitelist).

They both work without issue using the latest drivers from the Realtek site.

See here for details: http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-lapt...1-mac-os-x-new-install-help-3.html#post757701

Hey guys! I was going bonkers trying to find the drivers for Bolse BO-N1557, USB wireless adapter online and had no luck... then I found the box with the install disk for the Bolse BO-N1557. Not sure if that will help anyone. Apparently, the install disk are for Windows, MAC, Android, Linux... tried to upload the files on the disc, but not sure how to go about it. If it will help anyone, just let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back