Contribute
Register

NO USB at all SuperMicro X9DAi motherboard, sierra install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Successfully got Sierra installed :

1. Made a clone of my current Sierra install on an x97 gigabyte board to a SSD with same capacity
2. Installed latest clover on to the cloned drive
3. Downloaded this Patched DSDT from here : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308458-supermicro-x9dai-dsdt/
4. Copied the files onto the cloned EFI partition .
5. Booted from SSD and Sierra works !!

Few issues:

1. Cpu not recognized
2. Memory shows 96gb -- I have only 32 gb
3. No serial number shows xxxx
4. No usb 3
5. orange drives!

Attached screen shot ! I'm close !!! will keep updating thanks!

UPDATE!

After installing multi beast was able to get USB3 working!
with the USB3 patch + got my drives back to internal with the intel achi patch!

( system wouldn't boot after multi beast so i went back to 3 and 4 up on this post )

Only issue left is :

Set definitions to mac pro 6.1 can see only 16gb out of 32gb memory
closer now!

Any body know about good definitions for the super micro x9dai ?

thanks good luck !

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 12.26.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 12.26.23 PM.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Successfully got Sierra installed :

1. Made a clone of my current Sierra install on an x97 gigabyte board to a SSD with same capacity
2. Installed latest clover on to the cloned drive
3. Downloaded this Patched DSDT from here : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308458-supermicro-x9dai-dsdt/
4. Copied the files onto the cloned EFI partition .
5. Booted from SSD and Sierra works !!

Few issues:

1. Cpu not recognized
2. Memory shows 96gb -- I have only 32 gb
3. No serial number shows xxxx
4. No usb 3
5. orange drives!

Attached screen shot ! I'm close !!! will keep updating thanks!

UPDATE!

After installing multi beast was able to get USB3 working!
with the USB3 patch + got my drives back to internal with the intel achi patch!

( system wouldn't boot after multi beast so i went back to 3 and 4 up on this post )

Only issue left is :

Set definitions to mac pro 6.1 can see only 16gb out of 32gb memory
closer now!

Any body know about good definitions for the super micro x9dai ?

thanks good luck !

Attached is a diagram of my motherboard and the 2x 16 GB Ram locations. Can you explain in Clover configurator how to tell Sierra how much RAM / Memory there is?

Still Not Working:

A) USB 2.o front in the OS (but I can boot to sierra from USB 2.0 ports)
B) USB 2.0 ports or 3.0 ports in the rear.
C) (Bios has no USB 3.0 functions, and only a USB legacy Auto or Enable function) so what would be better?

I can see USB 3.0 on the front USB front ports when Sierra Boots.

D) Sound was fixed using migration assistant to move settings from a working partition onto the Sierra partition
but it would not work before

E) Memory needs to be seen, but I do not know how to do so in Clover Config, but there is a picture attached showing my RAM installed on the MotherBoard/MB

F) Would like to change the system definitions to whatever would work best based on a dual XEON motherboard

G) I tried RehabMans inject all kext and it caused issues, and cannot find a kext or patch to get all USB 2 & 3 ports working.

H) I have yet to get the best Cuda & NVidia drivers but I have the same NViDIA 740 GT card as you do

I am also using a Sonnet Technologies PCIe USB adapter to get more USB functionality at the moment.

Attachments

• supermicro X9DAi motherboard layout.pdf
    480.5 KB · Views: 255
  • RAM installed.JPG
    RAM installed.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 170
Last edited:
This is the same way my friend helped me get Sierra on my HDD. I am still at fixing the USB issues, and the machine recognizing the ram. Based on the attached screen-shot, can you tell me how in Clover configurator for the machine to pick up all the RAM? I have the sound working and USB working so/so. I have not messed with the system definitions to change them to iMac, but do you think that would help for the machine to see all the hardware ? I am contemplating a chameleon configuration as well. At the extreme I was thinking of replacing the Supermicro MB with a Gigabyte motherboard that could handle the same CPUS. It was recommended that this may solve many of these hardware problems.

I was a bit unclear what you did to get the machine back to booting after installing USB 3?

If you have A\any suggestions on what settings in Clover to get the machine to see the RAM & CPU, including all the RAM would be great in Clover. I am going to try Rehab Man USB inject all kext as well tweak the BIOS for the USB to be XHCI "auto" or "smart auto" as recommended by TonyMac.

Did you try the things i posted in your other thread? Clover supports booting with several MacPro definitions but you should generate a CPU SSDT first. The memory thing is probably cosmetic but i posted something you can start from. As (once again) stated before your USB 3 ports will not work in Sierra, try and get the USB 2 ones working.

What is your physical RAM configuration? e.g. 4 x 8GB dual channel
Here's a file for you. It looks to me like 4 Channels per CPU. 2 channels per each bank.

16 GB in processor 1, channel 1?

16 GB in processor 2, channel 1?

So in the Clover Configurator can you tell me how to edit this?

Or can I just copy and paste the text in the file you referenced?

thanks for your help

Attachments

• RAM positions.jpg
    RAM positions.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 123
Did you try the things i posted in your other thread? Clover supports booting with several MacPro definitions but you should generate a CPU SSDT first. The memory thing is probably cosmetic but i posted something you can start from. As (once again) stated before your USB 3 ports will not work in Sierra, try and get the USB 2 ones working.

The USB 3.0 ports work in the front, but nothing else, except through the Sonnet card I put in a PCIe slot.

Here's a link to download the EFI folder. Please let me know if this works? I cannot upload to this site because the file structure is too large.

Download

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/b2...4ddfb015d415e3f46120b23c20170309225824/393690

Thanks i will look when i get back home.

I have the drive cloned so you can tweak away with any settings if you want on the EFI folder that I sent you, thank you, Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back