Contribute
Register

No sound in Safari or Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Yosemite
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.5 GHZ 8 MB Cache BX80646I74770K
Graphics
Gigabyte Z87 LGA 1150 4 Way SLI Overclock ATX Motherboard (GA-Z87X-OC Force)
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have fresh install of Yosemite on my new computer. Everything went smooth, I have sound when I go to the settings-sound. However I do not have it in any of the internet browsers, Safari or Chrome. Did anyone saw this too? My board is Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC Force. I installed ALC-898 package for it. Thanks a lot!

For what is worth, I found the solution on my own. I forgot to go into the other part the sound settings. I needed to change the settings in the Output and Input tabs too, duh! Sorry guys!

So I can confirm that this board is almost FULLY compatible with the YOSEMITE. One thing that annoys me is that the version of my MacPro cannot be anything but 3.1 while on Mavericks I was able to set it to the newest, 6.1. Does anyone knows why?

i have the same problem but can't fix it, i only have this issues only in safari, all other apps works fine with yosemite sounds ok

BR

DjhackGT

Did you go to the sounds>output and selected Internal Speakers? That did it for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back