Contribute
Register

No sound El captain p5q-e mother board

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a very big believer in the right amount of information at the right time. And here I judget it necessary to inform in detail. I hope it's not too much. :)

And once again thank you very much. :)

Starting with your Finder issue, open Finder and go in Finder/Preferences/Side Bar, here you can customize the settings and add/remove what you want to see.
Now proceed step by step:
Download the attached files in a folder on the Desktop
Go in L/E, made a backup copy on of:
"AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext" "AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext" "FakeSMC.kext"
in the same folder You have downloaded the files and delete it from L/E
Copy FakeSMC.kext and AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11.
Open "Terminal" and to rebuild cache copy/paste this command:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Hit "Enter", close the app and reboot.
Control if your second Ethernet appeared.

Now with your preferred method "install" aDummyHDA.kext in S/L/E (from what I've seen it is working only from here), copy DSDT.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (attention, NOT in origin), replace the config in EFI/CLOVER with mine, and repeat with "Terminal" :

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Reboot, go in "System Preferences/Sound" and in Output chose the one you have connect your speaker.
It should be all working fine, take a closer look of your system and let me know.
(I recommend to carefully follow every step)

Attachments

• AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext.zip
    40.7 KB · Views: 129
  • AD1988b aDummyHDA.kext.zip
    18.6 KB · Views: 143
  • DSDT.aml 2.zip
    14.2 KB · Views: 130
  • config.plist 2.zip
    2 KB · Views: 117
Now with your preferred method "install" aDummyHDA.kext in S/L/E...
Is moving the kext to S/L/E enough, or should I use KextBeast? :)

Thank you very much - awesome reply in any case! I'll try it when I'm home from work! :)

Is moving the kext to S/L/E enough, or should I use KextBeast? :)

Thank you very much - awesome reply in any case! I'll try it when I'm home from work! :)
The only place you can copy kexts is the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.XX folder, for S/L/E or L/E you have always to "Install" it. Kext Beast is fine, be sure to chose in S/L/E, it is the location i'm sure the kext is working fine.
Take your time to perform every step as described; let me know your progress

You sir are awesome beyond words! Thank you very much! I cant thank you enough! :clap::thumbup:

Everything (besides WLAN) is working perfectly.

In your opinion, do I need the "AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext" and "AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext" from MultiBeast?

Just+kidding+_56900b0214b0eeee75bfd1b02b3574b1.jpg

You sir are awesome beyond words! Thank you very much! I cant thank you enough! :clap::thumbup:

Everything (besides WLAN) is working perfectly.

In your opinion, do I need the "AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext" and "AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext" from MultiBeast?

View attachment 170703

Glad to hear it. Regarding the 2 kext, I've never used it. In my opinion they are not usefull for your hardware.
With this configuration you can now perform every update like a real Mac, no need to change/install anything. IMHO Downloading the combo update is always better than perform it from the App store.
Enjoy your hack

Once again - thank you flicka! You are awesome! :clap:

Everything is working great! I just need to buy an Mini DP -> HDMI for the third screen. :thumbup:

Would you say that I shouldn't be concerned about the Generic AHCI controllers?

Skærmbillede 2016-01-08 kl. 21.03.18.png

Also I tried installing Windows 10 on another partition on the same disk, because I need both OS's. But I get the message "Windows can't be installed on this partition, the partition type is GDT". Is there a solution for this or do I need to start over, start by installing Windows 10 first?

Thank you very much! :)

If it is all working fine I wouldn't worry about Generic AHCI. In that case is only cosmetic.
About Windows I'm not a fan of dualbooting from the same HDD, more problems than advantage. HDD are so cheap i think you can afford to buy one.
I every case if you want proceed this way I think you have first to wipe and format your HDD with two partition, the first in osx extended/Guid and the second in Fat32. First install windows than OSX and finally clover on the EFI of the OSX partition. (But better you find a guide to do it)

Thanks again. I'll try to learn more about dual booting from same disk. :)

Hello, I have installed everything in Legacy mode. After using multi beast, i did not installed any audio drivers from multi beast and either no network drivers. I did have a problem with ethernet that as been solved with a .kext. Other then this, yes I have El captain 10.11.2.. Is it helping? Thanks!
au you please share the ext used for the ethernet? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back