Contribute
Register

No Sound - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Created a new zipped file with the following
-a folder with the files i used after following your advice and ended up NOT being able to boot
-the EFI folder and all requested problem files when I successfully booted to hackOS
Bootable: Audio does not work
Not bootable: No suggested changes installed, all files same as bootable; user error
No ideas

Bootable: Audio does not work
Not bootable: No suggested changes installed, all files same as bootable; user error
No ideas

alright. I started from scratch and reinstalled my HackOS and deleted all of my EFI folders except the one I could boot from. I applied your suggestions from post 110. My audio has not changed. I copied the EFI folder directly off my boot drive, made new up to date boot log and verify file. I do believe everything is correct this time.

Thanks

Attachments

• Problem Files.zip
    18.2 MB · Views: 110
Hi Toleda,
With a DX58SO and latest cloverALC as of today, and ALC889, all analog audio outputs work. The issue is the onboard optical S/PDIF out. The red light is always on, but no matter whether or not Built-In Digital Output is selected, the red light stays on and emits no data. I am using a receiver with optical in, and it plays nothing. The red light turns on whenever in the boot process it is that AppleHDA loads. Evidently something is working, but something else is not working.

This is my DX58SO build as should be correctly posted on my profile and signature. macOS is 10.13.2, with E5645 @ 3.07Ghz, and a Sapphire HD 5570 (HDMI/DP audio not working, but not interested in getting to work, have no need.) I am single booting macOS. I have no other OS installed, so no Windows 10 present to mess everything up or mess with the audio registers. macOS is it. Cold boot or not, same thing.

At least my setup is stable, but the optical audio does not work. I should have attached all files as stated, if something's off, let me know and I'll gladly fix it.

Thank you for all your hard work. Without you none of my sound would work at all.
-Newhacker

Attachments

• OPTICAL_PROBLEMS_REPORT.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
audio has not changed
IOReg shows headphones plugged in.
Post #1/Speakers/2. Select System Preferences/Sound/Output/Internal Speakers
  1. If Headphones appears instead of Internal Speakers ...
Headphones mute Motherboard /Green port

Previously, cloverALC ran. Two different audio methods installed.
See AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/VIII. Uninstall Realtek ALC AppleHDA/1. cloverALC ...
Restart, reply with new files.
I wanted to use cloverALC as my primary method. I will restore all files to vanilla and try using cloverALC, I was not aware I had other methods installed... Thanks for the advice, will reply back after fresh cloverALC.

Alright, I followed all the procedures in VIII. Uninstall (can't hurt, to be sure that I have no remnants of audio.) I also used pacifist to extract a fresh copy of AppleHDA.kext from 10.13.2 Combo and installed it, replacing the existing one. I rebooted after that, made sure that no audio devices were present, and then ran cloverALC. I rebooted, and the audio devices returned. However, the optical out on the back of the motherboard remains constantly on, and even when selected and made the default output device, it outputs no data. The receiver detects an optical signal, and switches to it, but there is no data coming through the optical.

I am just trying to get 2-channel PCM working, nothing fancy. I also set it to the highest universally supported samplerate and bit depth. (The base spec is 48KHz, 20-bit, although most devices support 24-bit, I used the highest common supported option to eliminate a source of error.) All files are from when I reinstalled cloverALC and the audio devices returned, but with digital not working. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• OPTICAL_PROBLEMS_REPORT_2.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
IOReg does shows Internal Speakers selected, not clear what is playing
What audio source and what is playing?
Sorry, I may have posted ioreg captured after I switched back to my analog speakers. I was using iTunes to play some of my music library. I also tried using VLC to play the source mp3's/alac's. The symptoms are that the red light stays on no matter what audio device is selected. Even when the optical audio is set as playback device, the light does not send any data even though it is on (the speakers don't play anything, but they do play audio using the same optical cable/receiver setup with an Apple TV. I tested both next to each other and it's evident that the receiver and optical cable works, it's just the computer not sending any data as that Apple TV plays audio flawlessly if the cable is swapped to it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back