Contribute
Register

No sound after sleep ALC 892 / El Capitan / Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to solve this just by using the Mac Pro 3.1 system definition.It solved the problem right away, i don't even use codec commander.

Wish id tried it sooner.
Just did this and it seems to be working for me. I wish I had seen this sooner... after a couple of hours struggling with xcode I feel a bit dumb! :)

Works for me even after 2nd and 3rd wake! After being without sleep since upgrading to El Capitan I finally broke down and enabled IGPU.

:headbang:

I tried again fix problem with CodecCommander.kext and seems it works! :D
CC didn't work from EFI/CLOVER/kexts, just install CodecCommander.kext with KextWizard on System partition System/Library/Extensions, rebuild cache and restart
Thank you so much man!!! It works!

I tried again fix problem with CodecCommander.kext and seems it works! :D
CC didn't work from EFI/CLOVER/kexts, just install CodecCommander.kext with KextWizard on System partition System/Library/Extensions, rebuild cache and restart

It woked! I have lost a lot of sleep trying to figure this out. Tested by not rebooting for over thee days. I get audio back every time it wakes from sleep. Thank you iadmir. Use KextWizard.

You might want to use EAPDFix.kext in place of CodecCommander.kext. One problem I had CodecCommander.kext was loosing jack sense after sleep. In order to use front headphone jack, you might want to inject 1 for audio on your config.plist (see post #18 in this thread). and put new EAPDFix.kext (v.2.3.5) in /L/E/. For my ASUS Z170-A just works without any configuration. You might need to change some setting, but well, just try it.

Wanted to add in my +1 to using CodecCommander.kext. I have a Gigabyte H77N-WiFi motherboard.

This is the first time I have made a real effort to make myself a Hackintosh, and low and behold, it worked in one go!
It was even simpler than installing Windows 10 :lol:
Only sound didn't work because I forgot to select it in Multibeast; one step at a time...

Even sleep works like a charm for except sound after wake-up. I have tried different kexts, and eventually ruining sound completely. Luckily I had a backup which I could restore.

Since there's a lot of confusion what works, I am quite hesitant to experiment with another kext, but I need to do it :confused:
What's the best way to try a kext and go back when it doesn't work, without restoring my whole backup again?

I guys, thanks to all, I had the same problem with el capitan ( sierra, same configuration, was whitout any audio problem) and I resolve by using mac pro 3.1 definition.

Gigabyte H97N-WIFI alc892, I3-4170, Zotac GEFORGE GT610

I had a problem at the El Capitan with ALC887.
Installed here is a variant View attachment 171412

then go too EFI / EFI / Clower / config.plist and change 2 to 1
View attachment 171413
It may work for you
for me still working )))

*edit: No sound after second time wakeup, but normal again on third time.....wired

Try your way and it works! Many thanks!!

My system:
i7-2600
Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 UEFI U1d
ALC889
Clover
Just upgraded from Yosemite to El Capitan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back