Contribute
Register

No sound after sleep ALC 892 / El Capitan / Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked for me too, and I now have audio after waking from sleep! I did exactly what iadmir said: "install CodecCommander.kext with KextWizard on System partition System/Library/Extensions, rebuild cache and restart" (iadmir's post [#5] links to the CodecCommander.kext)I have ALC-898 on El Capitan Clover (Z87X-UD3H motherboard) - installed as per http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/172672-unibeast-install-os-x-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
Same here, sound is back after waking from sleep, but only once. After a second time to sleep, audio is not working like for mun35

EDIT: My bad. This solution does not fixi the problem and now my computer can't seem to be able to stay in the sleep mode (Vd-t is disabled) and all my permissions are screwed up.

I've tried CodecCommander (2.4.0) but audio seems to reset after only one wake. For the second wake, audio dies after a few second of waking.

I'm quite sure CC is properly loaded:

107 0 0xffffff7f824b1000 0x6000 0x6000 org.tw.CodecCommander (2.4.0) 7134FF3E-A6B0-36CE-9817-D33B255AD9E7 <75 12 4 3 1>

Does anyone know how this could be fixed?

Thanks

You can give a try to the solution explained here (section Audio not working after sleep/wake):
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...st-solutions-el-capitan-install-problems.html

I tried again fix problem with CodecCommander.kext and seems it works! :D
CC didn't work from EFI/CLOVER/kexts, just install CodecCommander.kext with KextWizard on System partition System/Library/Extensions, rebuild cache and restart

Works perfectly, even after second and third wake. Thank you very much!

I'm on GA-X79-UP4, using Mac Pro 5.1 SMBIOS

Hey comrades,

CodecCommander works fine for me if I use Built-In sound, not headphones. After sleep with headphones sound disappear after a some time. It works good about a minute or two and it disappear.

Also sometimes mac can't determine what I use built-in or headphones after sleep (has this problem still, but I found if sleep a mac and turn it on immediately then audio selects correctly).

The first issue I solved with old Yosemite AppleHDA.kext (attached to this post). The second isn't solved but it's not annoying like restart mac to avoid loss of sound.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    769 KB · Views: 210
it works! thanks

I had a problem at the El Capitan with ALC887.
Installed here is a variant Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 15.31.01.png

then go too EFI / EFI / Clower / config.plist and change 2 to 1
Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 15.33.50.png
It may work for you
for me still working )))

I tried again fix problem with CodecCommander.kext and seems it works! :D
CC didn't work from EFI/CLOVER/kexts, just install CodecCommander.kext with KextWizard on System partition System/Library/Extensions, rebuild cache and restart

Gigabyte GA-H77N-wifi, i5, no sound card

Eureka! This has worked for me. I was stuck using Rickmyworry's method (which apparently worked for a lot of folks). I always got stuck on his step 2, where I was unable to build the kext using the Command +B command, as I always got an error message at this step.
Searching, I found iadmir's solution, which I tinkered with on my backup HD. This worked for me! Using KextBeast, I copied CodeCommander.kext into S/L/E, and voila, sound after sleep.

I then copied, using CC, this backup drive to my regular 10.11.3 HD. Hooray, that worked as well, and now I have both my main and backup HDs fully functional.

Got mine working perfectly now!! Reading this thread helped me out but I didn't fully understand the process of installing the kext. I watched this simple video and now I am golden!!
Thanks everyone I absolutely love my Hackintosh!! (UD3H-BK, i5-4690k, GTX 970)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back