Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> No install macOS Big Sur option in OpenCore boot menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried this and I still don't have a boot option to install, and just to clarify if I did it correctly open core.efi goes in the drivers folder by openruntime.efi and HFSPlus.efi, correct?
Yes, please make sure you are getting the file from the OC download in the OC/ Drivers section of and call for it in your config.plist

Ok I've done this and I still do not have the install option

Oh, I just got verbose mode to show! I just left it on a black screen after selecting my drive and left for about 15 minutes and came back and it is now working, thank you guys so much!

Ok I've done this and I still do not have the install option
It sounds like your flash drive install portion is not set up correctly but at this point I am guessing. You can see the boot menu right but the option to install is missing?

I did it through the recovery file method and so everything is now good at the verbose line, except I now get stuck at, "ifnet_attach: All kernel threads created for interface lo0 have been scheduled at least once. Proceeding."

I did it through the recovery file method and so everything is now good at the verbose line, except I now get stuck at, "ifnet_attach: All kernel threads created for interface lo0 have been scheduled at least once. Proceeding."
I looked for that unfamiliar error in the OpenCore Install Guide Trouble Shooting section, no luck there. I also did a web search and one user on ****** said he solved it on a 370 series MSI board by changing some standard bios settings....

That's all I've found

I got by that code now, I just had to change a thing in my info.plist to true instead of false and now I'm good on that, but now I'm stuck on "Please go to https://panic.apple.com to report this panic

Attachments

• IMG_1468.jpeg
    IMG_1468.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 437
I got by that code now, I just had to change a thing in my info.plist to true instead of false and now I'm good on that, but now I'm stuck on "Please go to https://panic.apple.com to report this panic
Read up from there, looks like a intel graphics related issue. Notice the LILU and Whatevergreen errors?

Yeah, any idea on how to fix it?

Yeah, any idea on how to fix it?
In the bios are you able to set the DVMT pre-allocation memory size? Below is a snippet from JayMonkey's guide to Lily and Plugins (Whatevergreen is one of those).

In order for MacOS to use a IGPU it must have a DVMT pre-allocation memory size of at least 64MB, if you have this option in your BIOS then it's pretty straight forward as you can simply set it to at least 64MB (or 128MB) and move on.

You can see this guide for how to find and specify different Device IDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back