Contribute
Register

No HDMI Audio in Sierra with 1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW HDMI audio does not work on my MSI 1070 card, HDMIAudio.kext does nothing useful on my config. I'm currently awaiting delivery of DP->HDMI adapter and will post results.
I believe the HDMIAudio.kext (thread on MacRumors) is injecting the HDAU device so will make no difference to other injection methods.

As we can see, HDMI audio getting enabled or not seems to be some kind of Pot-Luck.
It could be due to differences in these cards ROMs and the port definitions. Has anyone compared IOReg dumps of working and non-working cards?

Current Nvidia web driver driver does not support HDMI audio on the HDMI port; use DP to HDMI adapter until Nvidia fixes the driver.

Is this driver issue something that affects real macs as well? Is there any work around for this? I'm trying to get my Geforce 1080 ti to send audio to my home theater receiver over HDMI with my hackintosh. I tried using a Display port adaptor but it didn't seem to make a difference. I also tried HDMIAudio.kext but it was no use. I'm using Ozmosis to boot so I'm not sure how I would apply any Clover tweaks to it.

Oh ok, I understand what you mean. So is there any simple way for me to fix my HDMI audio issue using Ozmosis as the boot loader?

Original question

No real mac includes Pascal, native macOS does not support Pascal.

So is there any simple way for me to fix my HDMI audio issue using Ozmosis as the boot loader?
1080 HDMI audio on the HDMI connector requires a Nvidia fix.
1080 DP audio on a DP connector works.
HDMI audio on Osmosis, no Osmosis experience

I tried using a display port to HDMI adapter but it didn't make a difference.

1080 HDMI audio on the HDMI connector requires a Nvidia fix.
1080 DP audio on a DP connector works.
HDMI audio on Osmosis, no Osmosis experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back