Contribute
Register

No HDMI Audio in Sierra with 1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried using a display port to HDMI adapter but it didn't make a difference.
Expected. HDMI/DP audio are the same except the connector. macOS HDMI/DP audio is not natively supported on non native hardware. Discrete graphics HDMI/DP audio ACPI edits must be configured with Osmosis. I don't know how to do what is needed in Osmosis.

Ok, thanks for the info. Hopefully someone else can point me in the right direction.

Ok, I'll try some dsdt patches

FWIW HDMI audio does not work on my MSI 1070 card, HDMIAudio.kext does nothing useful on my config. I'm currently awaiting delivery of DP->HDMI adapter and will post results.
Just to quickly confirm what everybody knows already - SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml and DP->HDMI adapter are needed to enable sound on the MSI 1070 ARMOR 8G OC

Just to confirm and avoid making an unnecessary threads.

HDMI audio with no adapter is impossible on Pascal cards, correct (ASUS ROG GTX 1070)?

What if I plug the HDMI to my MB instead of my GPU? Would that work?

Glad to hear. Would it be too much to ask if I asked you if you could specifically point me how to accomplish that?

Also, I don't know if its just me but of out of 3 times that I plugged in my HDMI cable, 2 caused the system to completely crash, mouse completely frozen as well as keyboard, only solution was to turn the system of via the power button of the case and then restart. Is that a common thing or is it just me? This happened while having my system connected via DisplayPort to my 4k monitor.

Thanks a bunch and sorry if I'm asking too much, performed my first hack couple days ago and I'm a complete beginner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back