Contribute
Register

No graphics acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded Hackintool 3.4.7 and clicked on Utilities. There is no Dump ACPI icon. I pressed F4 again at the Clover boot screen and there was no result written as you mentioned.

Here is a newer Clover & maybe a helpful Input file. I think this Sierra OS is kind of messed up. I wonder if I should look into installing Catalina if we cannot figure this out.

I used to live in Paris a number of years ago. I had always planned to get to London, but I never made it. The closest I got was befriending a British girl from London. She came often to Paris to visit her sister who lived there. I worked with a lot of Brits while there. It was a jolly good time!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • Input file DSDT.pdf
    48.2 KB · Views: 49
I have attached a revised CLOVER folder for you to try. It is based on the folder from one of my Haswell Hack's using a H87M-D3H board and an i5-4440 CPU.This is what I would use given the contents of your DSDT.aml and device components found in your system. It has a iMac 15.1 SMBIOS, as that is the closest match to your CPU.

I have added a four SSDT's to the CLOVER folder. Three of the SSDT's were generated using your DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTTime-Machine python script. I have also added the DSDT/SSDT patches generated for by the script to the new config.plist. A copy of the 'Results' folder generated by the script is attached for reference.
  • I have edited your config.plist, too many changes to mention.
  • I have added the kexts I think necessary for your system, these have been placed in the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
  • I have added the drivers I think necessary for your system, these have been placed in the /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder.
  • I have deleted the numbered OSX folders from /CLOVER/kexts folder leaving just the Other folder.
  • I have deleted the /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder.
Copy the CLOVER folder to a USB pen drive,. This should have a recent version of Clover installed to it, should be post _r5000 version of Clover to work with the /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder. Boot from the USB pen drive to test the CLOVER folder works with your system.

Do not change the CLOVER folder contents without first trying to boot from it. You will need to press the F12 key when you see the Gigabyte splash screen, to enter the boot order list, select the UEFI partition for the USB pen drive. You will be able to tell you have booted from the USB pen drive as it will use a different Clover boot theme (Classic Mac OS) to the one used by your macOS Sierra drive.

Just for clarity your motherboard is UEFI capable, so don't use/install Clover in Legacy mode.

Let me know how this works for you, post a photo of any kernel panics that occur while trying to boot with this CLOVER folder. We can then tweak the folder contents as necessary to deal with any boot issues.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 46
  • Results.zip
    5 KB · Views: 32
Yes that version should be fine.

I turned on the computer a short time ago & it just died. The fans in the power supply & CPU cooler run but the computer will not boot. It will not go to the BIOS screen when I press Delete at boot nor will it try to access the HD when I press F12 at boot.

Now I have 2 dead Sierra computers with nice cases and power supplies and 4 hard drives. I will have to decide if I want to do another build or just buy a Silicon iMac next year.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck with getting one fixed.

Just a thought. Both dead Sierra Hacks are identical. As I said before, the fans in the power supply & CPU cooler run but the computer will not boot. It will not go to the BIOS screen when I press Delete at boot nor will it try to access the HD when I press F12 at boot.

Does this indicate a bad motherboard? If so, I can use the CPU units elsewhere.

Not necessarily. It could just mean the Bios is messed up. It could be a borked motherboard but two in a short time is a bit of a stretch for me.

Your motherboard GA-H97M-D3H has the standard Gigabyte Dual Bios chip. I would try the following before I consigned either motherboard to the rubbish tip. Here is an image showing the general layout of your H97-D3H, which is nearly identical to my Z97-D3H motherboard.

Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 17.56.28.png Motherboard layout with connectors listed, check items 14 & 15.

First I would remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard, leave it out for around a minute, replace it and then try rebooting.

Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 17.56.55.png Details for CMOS jumper and battery.

Using the jumper is the same as removing the battery. You can short the jumper using the side of a flat blade screwdriver if you don't have a jumper cover to hand.

I would also look to switch the bios from its current setting to the alternative setting, there is no switch/jumper on the motherboard so you would need to follow one of these methods:

Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 18.03.56.png

3 methods to force the motherboard to use the alternative bios.

Can't hurt to try these fixes, as you may find the boards are not dead just the bios is corrupted and no longer working.

If this fails to bring the boards back to life, then yes, any peripherals should be salvageable from the two Haswell systems, CPU's, memory, hard drives etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back