Contribute
Register

No GPU Power Managment

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you repair permissions after editing AGPM? try to boot with bootflags " -v -f " without quotes once, to see if AGPM get loaded.

Yes i did repair the permissions and also rebuild the kext cache, still not loading AGPM. Is it enough to change only one of the normally three vendor/deviceid entries inside the imac 13,2 part or must i be a special one ? What about the GFX0 and IGPU0 parts ?

Do i need to install a special kext or set a special flag inside org.chameleon.Boot.plist to tell the system to use AGPM ?

Maybe you can upload your MV AGPM.kext ?

Yes i did repair the permissions and also rebuild the kext cache, still not loading AGPM. Is it enough to change only one of the normally three vendor/deviceid entries inside the imac 13,2 part or must i be a special one ? What about the GFX0 and IGPU0 parts ?

Do i need to install a special kext or set a special flag inside org.chameleon.Boot.plist to tell the system to use AGPM ?

Maybe you can upload your MV AGPM.kext ?

Did you boot with flags " -v -f "? or " -v -f UseKernelCache=No " to be sure every relevant kext get loaded!

Did you boot with flags " -v -f "? or " -v -f UseKernelCache=No " to be sure every relevant kext get loaded!

Yes i did boot with "-v -f UserKernelCache=No". Still not loading AGPM. At which position inside the system log should be entries during the boot for the AGPM ?

that's what I thought at first but went into terminal and did chflags nohidden ./Info.plist and I didn't find the plist

View attachment 73181

The plist file is not directly in the AGPM.kext directory, it is in a subdirectory called Contents. That's the same for every bundle on OS X. When you are in a directory with Terminal, try "ls -la" to see what files are there, and look around a little bit. ;-)

I now tried again several system definitions with adjusted AGPM.kext for my device id but the AGPM never gets loaded. The system logs never said a single line about AGPM. I further tried some different settings in my motherboard BIOS, but i'm not sure if this can be the cause that AGPM never loads or even try to load this kext... :crazy:

EDIT: I managed to load AGPM finally :D I build an ssdt.aml file for my cpu and adjusted the org.chameleon.Boot.plist with the required settings. Now my cpu got the correct power management and the AGPM.kext is also loading.

@klausi13:

would you be so kind to share your thoughts and solutions with us ? I mean, isn't that essential for a forum like this ;) ?

@klausi13:

would you be so kind to share your thoughts and solutions with us ? I mean, isn't that essential for a forum like this ;) ?

What i did was simple. I read in a thread about setting up the power management for an ivy CPU: http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-builds/97296-giacomoleopardos-gigabyte-ga-z77n-wifi-build-db.html

So i followed the instructions there to build an ssdt.aml file for my CPU. After building it and get its loading with the next boot the AGPM.kext was also loading too, for the first time. It stills throws an error of unknown platform but i knew i have edit now the AGPM.kext with the correct device id for my gtx 660 ti. How to do this is also mentioned in the thread i linked for you.
When using the mac mini 6,2 system definition i've got some strange glitches when playing videos in the browser (like youtube) or in itunes. I've tried then the imac 13,2 system definition and now cpu and gpu power management is working correctly until i use quick view in the finder for images. I hope the first update for mavericks will fix this problem, as some people here mentioned it could be a problem with open cl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back