Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
DELL XPS 8700
CPU
Intel Core i7-4700
Graphics
EVGA Nvidia GTX 960 SSC 4GB
Hi all,

I just updated to 10.12.5 and have been struggling all morning trying to get all my monitors working. Right now the only monitor that works when I have the nvidia graphics enabled is my USB connected monitor (USB3->DP adapter)

I have already:
-Installed the updated Nvidia alternate web drivers
-Tried switching between iMac14,2 and iMac17,1 as well as with the AGPfix v1.3 for black screen.
-Tried removing monitors one at a time

I'm a little stumped having looked through the other guides as to why the 14,2 isn't bringing any of my screens up.

My setup is 1xDVI display, 1xDP MST 4K display, and the 1x USB->DP display.

I also tried the HDMI port with another monitor and not having any luck. It's like the system is completely ignoring the graphics card ports but under my system reports, it shows my Nvidia GTX 960 so I'm not sure why none of the displays are showing up under it.

If I disable the web drivers and use the system drivers then I get my DVI display and USB3 display, but HDMI and DP are not working at all.

Note Intel MB HDMI port does work but I'm getting very weird redraw artifacts on it similar to when NVDIA gfx drivers are off.

Edit: for clarification I do see the apple logo during the boot. Just turns off when I get to login screen

Appreciate any help you might be able to provide.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.1 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Fixed: uninstalled Nvidia drivers rebooted and reinstalled them. Now everything is working again.

Jumped the gun on this, It was running at 30hz and on top of that, after a reboot, my screens go dark again :(

I do not have inject NVIDIA enabled in boot but I do have the NvidiaWeb enabled. It was working fine in 10.12.4 so not sure why things are so unsable / different after the update.

So if I change SIP from 0x3 to 0x67 or my SMBIOS from imac17,1 to 14.2 or similar, my screens seem to go dark and only way to get it back is to re-install nvidia drivers.

Currently I have screens running, by my MST display is stuck at 30hz no matter what I do

Nope, been stuck at 30hz. My screens are all working but my primary is 4k and the stuttering mouse is really annoying.

FYI my display is a Dell UP3214Q connected via DisplayPort. Fact that it was working in 10.12.4 says its a software settings thing.

Nope, been stuck at 30hz. My screens are all working but my primary is 4k and the stuttering mouse is really annoying.

FYI my display is a Dell UP3214Q connected via DisplayPort. Fact that it was working in 10.12.4 says its a software settings thing.

Hi @moorea, just checking in if you ever got your UP3214Q to run at 60Hz with 10.12.5? I got the same monitor and I'm stuck at 10.12.4 and just like you, I believe it's some software issue since 10.12.4 has been solid with my build except for the random cursor issue which is tolerable. Hope to hear from you. Thanks!

Hi @jdapolo,

I have been suffering at 30hz since the update. I'm sorry to hear that you're having the same issue. I think I tried everything out there but I'm still also wishing that someone will chime in with an idea. I tried the 10.12.6 as well with no luck. I reach out to @floris497 on github and he has some updates, but I've tried all the pixel clock patches and it just won't let me select 60hz anymore.

Things I've tried:
- HDMI
- DisplayPort
- HDMI to DisplayPort converter
- Tried changing my SMBIOS settings.
- Tried manually patching CoreDisplay

The hardware is obviously fine since I can get 60hz in 10.12.4 so I think its related to how they changed the CoreDisplay driver in 10.12.5. FYI I can drive this monitor just fine from 10.11 on my 2013 MBP via displayport at 60hz with no issue either. I'm willing to try anything to get 60hz if anyone has advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back