Contribute
Register

No boot after second GPU install - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you tried just booting with the second GPU to make sure it can load? Then you will know if it is a settings issue or something different.

have you tried just booting with the second GPU to make sure it can load? Then you will know if it is a settings issue or something different.

That is a very good idea - easy to try! Will do so and report back. The system boots into Windows 10 with both cards in SLI, but obviously the Mac side is a different beast.
Thanks for the great idea - will let you know!

Only had a few minutes this morning, but here is what I tried. Powered down and then remove power from first GPU. Attach DP cable to second GPU and booted. No signal to monitor - so not sure if I am just going to use the second card if it has to be in the first PCI slot or not - after work, will swap card positions and see if that makes a difference.

What do you think?

Removed SLI connector and left both GPU's connected and powered. Booted from USB and got same exact error screen - see below. Seems to indicate that there is a memory allocation issue when 2 GPU's are present - boots fine with just one. Again, I can't be the only person try to have 2 cards, even if the Mac side won't recognize/use the SLI features. When I boot into Win 10, having that second card gives incredible detail and frame rates on games. Would love to have that on the Mac side, but not critical since not gaming on the Mac side. Don't want to have to disconnect/reconnect power to the second card every time I switch OS...recipe for a screwup or breaking a connector from multiple uses...

Next step?View attachment 228303

Make sure that CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 not 0x03.

Will double check that, but reasonably sure it is set as you suggested. If it is set correctly, what would be the next step in troubleshooting?

Could just be that Clover doesn't like the configuration. Ive never had SLI before so i wouldn't know.

Make sure that CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 not 0x03.

Can you take a look at the last screenshot that I posted? It looks to me that (on the third line of the verbose boot) that the error is in a file called osxaptipfixdrv - NOTE - aptiP, not aptiO (caps added for emphasis). Have no idea where that came from!! Will check when I get home to be sure - but perhaps the error is because the system is trying to boot with the APTIO AND the APTIP files...

Thoughts?

Can you take a look at the last screenshot that I posted? It looks to me that (on the third line of the verbose boot) that the error is in a file called osxaptipfixdrv - NOTE - aptiP, not aptiO (caps added for emphasis). Have no idea where that came from!! Will check when I get home to be sure - but perhaps the error is because the system is trying to boot with the APTIO AND the APTIP files...

Thoughts?

Which screenshot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back