Contribute
Register

No boot after second GPU install - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Installed a second video card on my hack build - on the Windows 10 SSD boot, all is well.
Rebooted the computer, hit F-12 and tried booting into Sierra. Screen goes blank and then I get a white circle with a slash through it.

no boot on the Mac side. No new software, just a new video card running in SLI with the first.

HEEELLLLPPPP! Do I need to run multibeast again (booting from install flash drive) since I installed the second GPU??

Installed a second video card on my hack build - on the Windows 10 SSD boot, all is well.
Rebooted the computer, hit F-12 and tried booting into Sierra. Screen goes blank and then I get a white circle with a slash through it.

no boot on the Mac side. No new software, just a new video card running in SLI with the first.

HEEELLLLPPPP! Do I need to run multibeast again (booting from install flash drive) since I installed the second GPU??

Is anyone out there??? Really need some direction....

try booting with -v and posting a picture of what happens.

so when you pick your OSX drive does it go to clover or straight into OSX?

so when you pick your OSX drive does it go to clover or straight into OSX?

I have 2 SSD's - one with Sierra, one with Windows 10. Got my Sierra build set, then went in and got windows 10 set. Both were working fine. Then added the second video card and moved my wifi card to accommodate the 2nd GPU. Normally, for me to choose which system to boot into, I turn the computer on and hit F-12 until I get a list of choices - I choose the SSD with Sierra and it opens up Clover. If I do nothing, in 2-3 seconds, it would boot into Sierra. Now, as soon as it tries to do that, I get the white circle with a slash through it.

So - the only 2 things that changed are the addition of the 2nd GPU and moving my wifi card from one slot to another.

Everything is working fine on the Windows 10 boot side. But my Sierra is dead.

Figured booting through my install USB that I made with Unibeast might be the next step, but didn't want to do that until I heard back from folks here to see if there was another angle I should try...

when you get to clover go to boot settings and add the boot argument -v and -f to boot into verbose mode and safe mode. If it gets stuck take a picture of the last set of code and maybe someone can help you. If it boots into OSX with safe mode, rerun multibeast and see if that solves it for you.

when you get to clover go to boot settings and add the boot argument -v and -f to boot into verbose mode and safe mode. If it gets stuck take a picture of the last set of code and maybe someone can help you. If it boots into OSX with safe mode, rerun multibeast and see if that solves it for you.

OK - got those flags entered - attached is a screen shot - it seems to fail VERY early in the boot process - not sure how adding a second video card would cause that, but there are a great many things that I don't understand...whaddya think???

I'm cautiously hopeful that fixing this "runtime area allocation" will allow a normal boot process to ensue...

boot failure image.JPG

I am not sure what is doing but here is the next suggestion I have for you. Remove every peripheral except your keyboard and try to boot again. Sometimes having things plugged in can pose a problem.

If that isnt working, have you considered a re-install? That may not be ideal, but I have re-installed many a time when i couldn't figure something out and it does help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back