Contribute
Register

No boot after second GPU install - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Its in EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI.

So - more information. Confirmed my suspicion. I unplugged power to my second (identical) GPU and Sierra booted without a hitch. So, there is SOMETHING about having a second GPU that is interfering with the normal boot process. (which is also supported by my last verbose boot screen shot).

Ideas? Next step(s)?

So - more information. Confirmed my suspicion. I unplugged power to my second (identical) GPU and Sierra booted without a hitch. So, there is SOMETHING about having a second GPU that is interfering with the normal boot process. (which is also supported by my last verbose boot screen shot).

Ideas? Next step(s)?

Did you try using OsxAptioFixDrv instead of OsxAptioFixDrv2?

I did on my flash drive - I posted the screen shot of the error on message #39

Which Graphics card are you using? Did you remove OsxAptioFixDrv2 before putting OsxAptioFixDrv in DriversUEFI64?

Which Graphics card are you using? Did you remove OsxAptioFixDrv2 before putting OsxAptioFixDrv in DriversUEFI64?

Yes - I removed it from that folder. Video cards are EVGA GTX 980 Ti x 2 - connected with SLI cable. If I unplug the power from the second card, the system boots fine into Sierra. Power to the second card causes the boot failure.

Yes - I removed it from that folder. Video cards are EVGA GTX 980 Ti x 2 - connected with SLI cable. If I unplug the power from the second card, the system boots fine into Sierra. Power to the second card causes the boot failure.

2nd GPU in SLI Configuration will be ignored by OS X. Not sure about Clover tho. What happens if you take the SLI cable off?

Correct try that.

Removed SLI connector and left both GPU's connected and powered. Booted from USB and got same exact error screen - see below. Seems to indicate that there is a memory allocation issue when 2 GPU's are present - boots fine with just one. Again, I can't be the only person try to have 2 cards, even if the Mac side won't recognize/use the SLI features. When I boot into Win 10, having that second card gives incredible detail and frame rates on games. Would love to have that on the Mac side, but not critical since not gaming on the Mac side. Don't want to have to disconnect/reconnect power to the second card every time I switch OS...recipe for a screwup or breaking a connector from multiple uses...

Next step?
Boot fail from USB with SLI removed.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back