Contribute
Register

No audio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi ,i had same problem after software update ,the only way i could get audio back was to delete all hda kexts and run multibeast and load the audio voodoo2 kexts ,i have seen on here that 10.6.8 apple hda .kext supports the chips but it has never worked on mine only the voodoo ones

When booting (with the Iboot disk in the dvd-rom) a splash screen comes up to choose the iboot disk or the hard drive, and if I choose the hard drive the sound hardware is detected and works just fine. If I boot without the iboot disc it boots just fine but there is no audio hardware detected.
Is there something on the iboot disk I need to copy somewhere for the audio hardware to be detected? It seems to me that something is pointing at, or looking for somthing on the iboot disk.

tia!

Morpheus666 said:
When booting (with the Iboot disk in the dvd-rom) a splash screen comes up to choose the iboot disk or the hard drive, and if I choose the hard drive the sound hardware is detected and works just fine. If I boot without the iboot disc it boots just fine but there is no audio hardware detected.
Is there something on the iboot disk I need to copy somewhere for the audio hardware to be detected? It seems to me that something is pointing at, or looking for somthing on the iboot disk.

tia!
Ya, iBoot loads VoodooHDA, it's part of Multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back