Contribute
Register

no audio since F8 upgrade ga-p55a-ud4p

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know of a solution to this? lost audio with bios upgrade f7 to f8.

hey thanks for the replies thus far. i am using optimized bios settings and i tried the new hdaenabler kext and no dice. no devies other than my webcam showing in my audio settings, i'm also upgraded to the latest 10.6.2, no luck. using ACL889 kext, any ideas? i can get audio through a bluetooth device but that's the only way..

is there something in the dsdt i can change/verify? my about this mac is showing some promising things..

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-03-29 at 9.37.28 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-29 at 9.37.28 PM.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 207
twmulloy said:
is there something in the dsdt i can change/verify? my about this mac is showing some promising things..

It looks like you have the wrong LegacyHDA.kext- delete what you have in /Extra and redownload the kext for Realtek ALC889. Then make sure you're on the latest DSDT as well- and that you don't have any VoodooHDA, or HDAenabler in /S/L/E. And of course, rebuild caches. Good luck!

thank you for the reply, i did everything you mentioned and looks like i'm a little further, but still no audio.. any more ideas? so i have no hda audio stuff in my /Extras, neither of the hda kexts in s/l/e with the current legacyhda (889). about this mac showing more connections than the previous screenshot. i noticed i still have AppleHDA in s/l/e, is that correct? DSDT is the latest F8 with verified HDEF DSDT fixes applied.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-04-06 at 2.10.00 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-04-06 at 2.10.00 PM.png
    128 KB · Views: 179
Just to make sure you have the proper AppleHDA, delete the one you have in there, and re-run the 10.6.2 update again. If you're on 10.6.3, run the 10.6.2 AppleHDA Installer from the 10.6.3 blog post.

Good luck!

twmulloy,

You'll be needing a LegacyHDA in your /E/E folder.

From what you say, seems you have:
- AppleHDA in /S/L/E - (10.6.2?)
- DSDT with various HDEF edits.
(It's these that are probably causing the info in SysProfiler to show)

And nothing else..

So, missing LegacyHDA (889 version)!

twmulloy said:

Did you get this working? I am struggling with same MB on 10.3? I have the 889a kext in /E/E and the latest DSDT from Multibeast but I don't get sound.

I tried deleting the 889a file from /E/E and installing the one you had above, but so far no change(after recompile and restart).

Any suggestions?

Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back