Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been working to get my analog speakers working for two days. No luck. Been through your guide Toleda and I believe everything checks out. About to give up and go USB audio... :banghead: :oops: It looks like my HDMI audio may work but I don't have any speakers connected to my HDMI display...

I did notice that my AppleHDA.kext was modified 1/27/15. So I am guessing that is newer than my OS X 10.10 (14A389)? Not really sure. I grabbed the OSX from App store back around Thanksgiving so technically it is I guess. Could that be my problem???

Please make sure I haven't missed anything. I have tried to include everything in the screenshots. Let me know if you need any more specific details. THANKS FOR THE HELP!

II. Problem Reporting (screenshots attached)

1. No Audio device in System Preferences/Sound/Output (except Apple TV) (analog speakers are plugged in and work when booting into Win7)
  2. OS X version 10.10 (14A389) Kernel Version: Darwin 14.0.0/GA-Z97X-UD7 TH motherboard/BIOS ver F4/i7-4790k processor/onboard intel HD4600 graphics
  3. OS X 10.10 USB stick from Macbook Pro with Unibeast/Multibeast/Chimera/tonymacx86.com guide
  4. Copy of IOReg ATTACHED
  5. System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
  6. System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDAxxx.kext (NOT installed)
  7. Console/All Messages - ATTACHED
  8. Screen shots:
    1. DPCIManager/Status ATTACHED
    2. System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio ATTACHED
  9. Terminal/Shell/Export Test As. . . (NOT used)
  10. Chimera/Chameleon (installed)
    1. Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist (in ATTACHED screenshot)
    2. DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log (ASK ME, not sure how to provide)
    3. Extra/dsdt.aml (don't see it)
    4. Extra/ssdt.aml (don't see it)
  11. Clover (NOT installed)

PROGRESS REPORT!!! :headbang: :

Wow, after two solid days of troubleshooting and putting together the above details I realized I needed to update to OS X 10.1.2... Immediately after writing the above post I updated OS X via the integrated OS X software update, re-ran multibeast, rebooted and VOILA! Problem solved! Now I see "Internal speakers, Line Out, Line Out, Digital Line Out" all listed in my Output Devices for sound and I my new Hackintosh has finally spoken it's words! Until writing the above I had forgotten that I downloaded OS X two months ago when preparing for this project. Things change fast!

LESSON LEARNED: MAKE SURE YOUR AppleHDA.kext IS NOT NEWER THAN YOUR VERSION OF OS X!!! My .kext was modified 1/27/15 and it would not make sound work on OS X 10.1 (but did work when updating to 10.1.2)

NOW: all is not quite yet well. I still have the following issues in order of importance. If someone can lend a hand please let me know and I'll start a new thread:

1) Audio seemed to quit working at some point. All of the Output Devices went away. I think it was after my machine went to sleep. Any ideas?

2) I installed the Broadcom BCM43xx WiFi/Bluetooth card and neither Wifi nor Bluetooth is working. The WiFi was working until I updated OS X just now. (screenshot below) The bluetooth has yet to work at all. No bluetooth icon in system preferences where it is supposed to be. Yet to troubleshoot any of this...

3) My machine is still booting relatively slow. Takes about 1m15s to boot. I have already set Thunderbolt to Legacy only and disabled Wake on Thunderbolt. No improvement. Any other ideas?

BIG THANKS TO TOLEDA AND ALL THOSE WHO HAVE GENEROUSLY CONTRIBUTED ON THIS SITE!!! :thumbup:

Snip20150213_1.png

Attached AppleHDA.kext is not native, no sound.

Hi toleda

You said my AppleHDA is not native so I changed it by extract it from OS X Yosemite installer.
Then installed it by using Kext Utility -> Run your "audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.4.command” -> I saw note F.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F. 1150 only: edit config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/
"10.9 or 10.10/AppleHDA/Realtek ALC1150"
1. Clover Configurator/Property List Editor/Replace/
a. Before: <09ec10>
b. After: <0009ec10>
2. TextEdit/Replace
a. Before: CewQ
b. After: AAnsEA==

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here I can’t understand why do I do 1. ? it’s already 0009ec10 isn’t it?
and I totally don’t understand 2.

I am Korean so my English skill is not that good.
Can you reply me a little bit more specifically?

I re attach things.
Thank you for reading.

Attachments

• Attachments.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 70
Bump for post #546. Long story short - seems to be a bootloader only problem. Audio working perfectly with chameleon with custom dsdt. Required files attached in previous posts. Need to get clover working for uefi boot.

And one more hint while booting in verbose mode. I get tons of "refusing keys v14.1 already loaded v14.0" with clover only. Presumably from the OSX update. Tried clearing cache, reinstalling update, fixing permissions, creating space in recovery partition nothing removing those errors. Might this be the reason why clover doesn't work?

Note F is not required/removed with audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.4
Set config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/NO (all properties)

Hi toleda it's me again.
Sorry to bother you...

I have changed my DSDT Fixes to No but it didn't work
I have tried some config.plist changes but I can't make it work

Thank you for all your support.

Attachments

• Attachments.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
No change, still YES.

Hi toledaI
I am so sorry

I have changed DSDT fixes to No but there has been some mistakes.
Here’s the result that I have changed again.

Attachments

• Attachments.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 70
No idea what kext v14.0 is referring to.
Refers to all the native kexts(I get about 100 lines of such errors). v14.0 = OS X 10.10.1. v14.1 = OS X 10.10.2 . So I guessed there was a problem with the update but then chimera doesn't give such errors.
ex: Refusing new kext com.apple.kpi.private, v14.1: already have loaded v14.0.

What kexts are in 10.10 folder? Is FakeSMC.kext installed in S/L/E and 10.10?
Only FakeSMC.kext

No idea what kext v14.0 is referring to. What kexts are in 10.10 folder? Is FakeSMC.kext installed in S/L/E and 10.10?
Yes.

P.S. Attached system log for you to check out the errors.

Attachments

• systemlog .zip
    44.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back