Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use iTunes only to verify. All the other apps have dependencies that are not relevant.
With the Line Out you have selected, what motherboard audio port are the speakers connected to?

I have the monitor speakers connected into the rear green line out, on the motherboard.
I have also attempted iTunes with headphones plugged into the front green line out (headphone dedicated jack) Both yield the same result.

I have the monitor speakers connected into the rear green line out.
That is the problem.
Try this: System Preferences/Sound/Output/Internal Speakers. If Headphones are connected, select Headphones.

Post #1
I. No Output Devices Found
1. 10.10 and newer/Boot flags
2. Chimera/Chameleon/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist​
1. Mandatory Add: Kernel Flags/kext-dev-mode=1​
1. MultiBeast 7.0 and newer/Drivers/Customize/Boot Options/Kext Dev Mode​

Yeah! Work! You are my savior!! Crack!

Thanks so much.

That is the problem.
Try this: System Preferences/Sound/Output/Internal Speakers. If Headphones are connected, select Headphones.

I have went into System Preferences/Sound/Output left internal speakers highlighted, backed out of system preferences and opened up iTunes, it didn't work. Also tried to mute, and unmute at 75% volume, still nothing.

Hi guys,

I hope you can help me. I installed ACL 889 with Audio ID = 1 for my D3H-B3 installed using DSDT installation. After checking the kext and the installation with the tools provided (And checked the flags of my boot plist) I can't get any sound or device detected, any ideas?

I am in Yosemite 10. 10

Thanks!

Hey, I have a problem enabling my ALC892 audio. It still shows no audio devices. I think my audio used to work under VoodoHDA under 10.10.1. But ever since I upgraded to 10.10.2 and tried to patch my applehda kext, the audio hasn't been working. I've tried to patch my applehda using realtekalc command and cloveralc command both show codec not detected.
System Specs:
Gigabyte Z87-D3HP mobo
Yosemite 10.10.2
Bootloader - Colver EFI

I followed the Clover-HDA method and no custom dsdt. I think I have attached all the required files.

P.S. The codec id in DPCI manager is blank?! But isn't the 892 supposed to be supported? And audio works in Windows.

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    3 MB · Views: 60
  • bootlog.log.txt
    25.2 KB · Views: 112
  • config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 191
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 74
still nothing.
No need to close System Preferences.
What is the volume setting on the monitor?
What happens in System Preferences when you plug in the headphones?
Attach an IOReg with Internal Speakers selected and iTunes playing.

followed the Clover-HDA method
isn't the 892 supposed to be supported?
No evidence of any method installed. What Clover-HDA method?
No native ALC892 support in OS X
Post #1, Realtek ALC AppleHDA, see:
Example Audio Solutions
Realtek ALC AppleHDA Installation
or
Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio Patch Methods

No evidence of any method installed. What Clover-HDA method?
No native ALC892 support in OS X
Post #1, Realtek ALC AppleHDA, see:
Example Audio Solutions
Realtek ALC AppleHDA Installation
or
Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio Patch Methods
I had the no audio devices problem so I followed the guide till injecting ids through clover. Then I tried to run the cloverALC command. But that showed no codec detected.

Edit:
Do I have to patch the applehda kext before all this? I thought the cloveralc command would take care of that so I restored the vanilla kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back