Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I boot my hack and in dpcimanager (see attachments). The codec name is alc888b. Very strange
Marketing name.

See Post #1/Realtek ALC AppleHDA Installation/3. Native AppleHDA . . .
Run either
1. MultiBeast 8 - Select: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > √ ALC887ALC888B (current . . .)
2. cloverALC

Hi Toleda,

I lost audio updating from 10.10.3 to 10.10.5

This happens every time I update and I'm still uncertain what fixes it but you've always been able to help.

Thanks,
John

GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4

Attachments

• audio_issue_031716.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 49
After reboot audio codec is not recognized anymore... I saw this in system profiler, maybe the cause of my codec problem. How can I force load AppleHDA kext? I've extracted the kext from latest combo update with pacifist, and I'm using kext-dev-mode=1, rootless=0 and 0x3 CsrActiveConfig. Also, I removed all the patch from config plist, realteak kext related in efi/clover/kext and library/extensions

EDIT: SOLVED!

I went for a fresh 10.11.3 install, patched applehda with cloveralc and cloverhdmi. Now all is working well, thank you toleda
P.S.: i have to removed voodoops2 to get codec recognized well also

Attachments

• Schermata 2016-03-17 alle 20.10.08.png
    Schermata 2016-03-17 alle 20.10.08.png
    142.9 KB · Views: 112
Could anybody be as kind as to post the original untouched Yosemite 10.10.1 AppleHDA.kext?I no longer have the install and I do need the original.Thank you in advance.

happens every time I update and I'm still uncertain what fixes it
Forget to update audio after each Software Update.
MultiBeast 7 - Select: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > √ ALC892

I'm stumbling to get audio running on a Shuttle SH170R6:
Bios is latest 125 Version, Realtek 892. Clover DSDT patched HDAS->HDEF, Audio Inject=2 (tried none and 1).

All tools (DPCIManager, all audio scripts) report "No codec", which is apparently caused by ioreg reporting HDEF@1F instead of HDEF@1B.

Tried to patch AppleHDA8Series.sh to accept @1F instead of 1B, but the resulting AppleHDA892.kext won't work.

what's this @1B vs. @1F stuff about?

Regards,
Andreas

Attachments

• ioreg-hdef.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 295
stumbling to get audio running on a Shuttle SH170R6
Not helpful.
100 Series audio, see:
Realtek ALC AppleHDA/Post #1
Unsupported/Non-working Realtek ALC AppleHDA
1. 100 Series/Intel High Definition Audio

For support, see:
Post #1/Problem Reporting, attach all requested files.

HI Toleda
How r u
I am trying to get hdmi audio to work using the voodoohda kext but without any successo tv
My pc is lenovo z51 70
audio codec is realtek 236
osx elcapitan 11.3
i made all the possible dsdt and ssdt edits to my system but no luck

audio is working only with voodoohda but no sound out when connecting the hdmi tv

can you help me solving this problem

seems the codec is not compatible for applhda patching so i use voodoohda the latest version
can you help me solving this problem

waiting your reply so i send u any needed files

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back