Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 50+ different config attempts--the only way I can get it to show a Codec in DPCIManager is to use the config.plist from my first post which you said is corrupted. Your script shows errors on "line 58" and still no devices in System Preferences... Confused and frustrated.

Files from the first round: View attachment AudioDiag.zip

use the config.plist from my first post which you said is corrupted. Your script shows errors on "line 58" and still no devices in System Preferences... Confused and frustrated.
Are you editing config.plist with at text editor? If yes, don't. Use Clover Configurator, Xcode. Property List Editor, PlistEdit Pro, etc. None of the recommended tools can open the attached config.plist.

The error in line 58 is <True/>, s/b <true/>. There are many other errors, problems; cannot be repaired.

Start over with a default config.plist.

Starting over... I'll outline exactly what I do and attach the files as I go.

* Installed PlistEdit Pro *

A) Deleted current config.plist in /volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER
B) Copied in a completely clean config.plist and removed any unnecessary options and assigned MacPro6,1 (See attachment configcleanstart.plist)
C) Reboot

A) Opened config.plist in PlistEdit Pro
B) Change "no" to "1" under Root/Devices/Audio/Inject
C) Open X99 config.plist from Git and copy the ALZA to HDEF patch
D) Paste ALZA/HDEF patch as a child to Root/ACPI/DSDT
E) Reboot (see Step 2/config.plist)
F) Confirm 01 00 00 00 under HDEF/Layout ID in IOReg (see attached Step 2/IOreg)

A) Open config.plist in PlistEdit Pro
B) Open X99 config.plist from Git and copy the KextsToPatch section
C) Paste KextsToPatch section as a child under Root/KernelAndKextPatches/
D) Reboot (see Step 3/config.plist)

A) Confirm 01 00 00 00 under HDEF/Layout ID in IOReg (see attached Step 4/IOreg)
B) Check DPCIManager to see if Codec ID is populated -- it is NOT -- see attached
C) Mount EFI partition using Terminal
D) Run your script in Terminal and it fails by not finding a codec (see all attached)

Hope that helps, let me know if you need any more attachments.

View attachment AudioDiag6.zip

Starting over...
There is no codec visible to OS X.
Remove Step 2/D) Paste ALZA/HDEF patch as a child to Root/ACPI/DSDT, save, install

Two experiments (Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10.0 - Page 23
1. Install the ssdt from Clover Installation/1. Audio_ID Injection/2. ssdt/x99/onboard
a. Restart
b. IOReg
c. Remove ssdt
2. Install the kext from Chimera Installation/Audio_ID Injection/1. Audio_ID Injection/1. audio enabler kext
a. Restart
b. IOReg
c. Remove HDAEnabler1.kext

No need to run the script. Reply with both IORegs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back