Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Toleda,

I renamed AZAL to HDEF in my DSDT, and then added the Enable Audio 1 patch from iASL

Still no sound outputs unfortunately...

Attached is my edited DSDT i just did from your instructions, thanks for the help.

The ALC888 device is at least showing in DPCIManager...so I must be really close...just no outputs in Sound System Preference.

Thanks!

Attachments

• dsdt_azal_to_hdef.aml.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 86
  • DCPI_Shows_ALC888.jpg
    DCPI_Shows_ALC888.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 126
Hi Toleda,

Unfortunately when I do the rename patch, I have errors that I cannot compile in DSDT.

Attached is my original DSDT and my IOReg

Thank you

Attachments

• dsdt_original.aml
    11.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Marcus Hackintosh IOreg.ioreg
    12.5 MB · Views: 109
Unfortunately when I do the rename patch, I have errors that I cannot compile in DSDT.
I would not suggest something I had not tested; results: 4 Patches, 4 Changes, 0 Errors 0 Warnings.
IOReg shows the edited dsdt is not installed. Also shows same time as previous IOReg. Try again.

I understand you test your releases, I was just saying, I thought my compile errors are in conflict with other things and I'm not knowledgeable enough to fix them.

And I didn't realize you needed a more current IOReg, so here it is.

Thank you. Any more ideas?

Attachments

• Hackintosh IOReg 2.ioreg
    12.1 MB · Views: 74
Hi Toleda,

I'm working now - thank you for all you do. Your method of asking me to change AZAL to HDEF in my DSDT is basically what did the trick, before I had no idea about AZAL.

I installed your legacy 888 codec from Multibeast after the DSDT change, and it worked this time.

I also put kext-dev-mode=1 in the org.Chameleon.Boot.plist under Kernel Flags, not sure if that helped too.

Hey Toleda,

I've been trying hard to follow the forums and do this on my own but I'm running into dead ends or doing something wrong.

My motherboard should need ALC892, the kext in multibeast isn't working. IOreg isn't showing any HDEF in a search. HDAEnabler1.kext and HADEnabler1.kext + kext-dev-mode=1 aren't helping either.

Attached is some info.

Thanks,
John

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    774 bytes · Views: 250
  • John’s_Mac_Pro_IOreg_copy.ioreg
    2.5 MB · Views: 76
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-18 at 9.10.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-18 at 9.10.30 AM.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-18 at 9.10.54 AM.png