Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed an audio enabler kext that has not worked since Lion. Remove S/L/E/HDAEnabler?.kext
Install Audio-ID injection, see Post #1, 3. Audio_ID verification/select one method and install

Thanks a lot Toleda:) So the problem simply was that Migration Assistant took old kext files from my previous OS X and previous Hackintosh. I just deleted the HDAEnabler888.kext and ran Multibeast again, rebooted and it worked. No need to fiddle with anything else than Multibeast.

Hi ! After some hours spent to solve this issue I come to you... :(

1. No audio device in System parameters.
2. Yosemite 10.10 / Gigabyte P-55-UD3L v2.3 FH / Intel Core i5 750 / Radeon HD 6870
3. I used http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html and then RTL8111.kext for ethernet. (I had Mavericks : works fine with RTL81xx.kext and ALC892 from multibeast). First used Multibeast 7.0, did not work, then Multibeast 6.1, did not work again. Then used your guide : Everything ok, seems to have to reinstall the kext... Follow your guide for RealtekALC patch "in place" AppleHDA, did not work. Tried CloverALC/Clover patched : did not work.
4. Copy of IoJones : See attached
5. AppleHDA.kext attached
6. AppleHDA892.kext attached
7. Don't understand?
8. Screenshots : DCPI manager attached + system information Intel H D A
9. Terminal audioclover ALC100 attached
10. -----
11. Clover config.plist attached, boot log attached, dsdt attached.

(other attached files are coming).

Thank you very much for your precious help ! :)

Attachments

• IoJones.png
    IoJones.png
    208.9 KB · Views: 130
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
  • AppleHDA892.kext.zip
    342.9 KB · Views: 91
  • DCPI Manager.png
    DCPI Manager.png
    105.6 KB · Views: 115
  • System Properties.png
    System Properties.png
    169.3 KB · Views: 111
Other attached files to previous post :

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 187
  • DSDT.aml
    18.9 KB · Views: 119
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 79
Good Afternoon. I seem to have almost exactly the same spec as boysofsummer32, with similar results, i.e. no sound. I'll attach the same list of files he did.

Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H-BK - Devil's Canyon Core i7 4790K CPU
NVIDIA GeForece GTX 660 Ti

No output devices showing in System Report, but HDEF@1B showing up in IOJones and Device showing up in DPCIManager, seemingly correctly.

audio_cloverALC-100.command export attached
IOJones screenprint attached
DPCIManager screenprint attached
Config.plist from EFI partition attached

Please let me know if you need anything else, and I really appreciate your time.

Thanks

Simon

Attachments

• audio_cloverALC-100.command export.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 201
  • IOJones.png
    IOJones.png
    351.7 KB · Views: 145
  • DPCIManager.png
    DPCIManager.png
    227.1 KB · Views: 135
  • config.plist
    3.4 KB · Views: 181
Ok guys, so i installed yosemite and multibeasted the audio as alc892 which is the audio of the z87-hd3 but now in sound no device comes up! all i get is SoundFlower 2ch and 64ch, and Voila Device (voila capture software) and no sound!!!

Please help

Specs:
z87-hd3
750 ti
???

Thanks
Gershy

Realtek ALC892
Layout ID <0c 00 00 00>

Audio ID: 12

See Post #1, Audio ID: 12 is not valid.
Edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.
If you are using Clover, set config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1

Installed with Multibeast.

I can not compile my edited DSDT.aml, I tried with DSDTSE and DSDT Editor. Is anybody able to? I am stuck at every attempt :'(

THX a lot!
OLK

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    31.4 KB · Views: 104
Script error
See toleda/audio_CloverALC/README/Note/6. 1150 only

Thanks, solved. Here's my working Kernel and Kext Patches section of config.plist
Schermata 2014-10-29 alle 21.26.43.png

One more question: I noticed that native AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E still is being patched. That means it won't survive to system updates. Is there a way to patch on the fly from Clover without touching AppleHDA.kext? Besides PikerAlpha's method, of course.

1. No audio device in System parameters.
2. Yosemite 10.10 / Gigabyte P-55-UD3L v2.3 FH / Intel Core i5 750 / Radeon HD 6870
3. First used Multibeast 7.0, did not work, then Multibeast 6.1, did not work again. Then used your guide : Everything ok, seems to have to reinstall the kext... Follow your guide for RealtekALC patch "in place" AppleHDA, did not work. Tried CloverALC/Clover patched : did not work.
4. Copy of IoJones : See attached
If audio does not work with the 1st method, it will not work with any other method. Why, all methods required the same attributes; all methods failed for the same reason.

A screenshot of IOJones is not helpful. IOJones/File/Save...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back