No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Did not remove IntelGraphicsFixup.kext as requested and confirmed; try again
Remove Boot Arguments: -alcbeta and -lilubetaall and any others not used
Restart, reply with new files.

Sorry about that, I removed it from EFI not from S/L/E its gone

Attachments

• Audio Files.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
I'm worried that selecting to launch Windows 10 at next Clover boot will somehow wipe out my Mac audio again... which is what started this whole problem...
Neither Clover or Windows damaged macOS/AppleHDA.kext. Avoid doing whatever removed a large number of files from the kext.

Sorry about that
rebuild kext cache: "Warning: /AppleInternal/Library/Extensions: No such file or directory" have never seen this message
Audio codec woke up
config.plist????
Restart, reply with all files

rebuild kext cache: "Warning: /AppleInternal/Library/Extensions: No such file or directory" have never seen this message
Audio codec woke up
config.plist????
Restart, reply with all files

Guess that cant be good . :-X
Yes I see the Realtek (Unknown)) in DPCI, maybe we are getting somewhere ;)

Attachments

• Audio Files.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 64
Neither Clover or Windows damaged macOS/AppleHDA.kext. Avoid doing whatever removed a large number of files from the kext.
Yesterday while my sound was restored I gathered the usual files you ask for, just in case I had to send them to you for diagnosis in the future. Then I restarted my Mac; sound was still good... booted into Windows and then rebooted into Mac, sound was still good. Then I shut down my Mac overnight, booted it up into High Sierra from cold start today and... sound gone again. I made no changes to any files in between yesterday when my sound was working and this morning when it's not working. Have gathered files again this morning. Am sending you a zip file that contains two folders: one folder says "With Sound" from the files I gathered yesterday, and the other folder says "Without Sound" with same files from today. Maybe comparing the two can point to why this keeps happening? Thanks!

Attachments

• Attached Files 4.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 58
Windows, is the Realtek driver installed?

If yes, uninstall, power down, remove plug, hold power button down for 1 minute. Restart macOS, reply with new files.

Yes, my Windows 10 had the RealtekHDA driver installed. I uninstalled it and followed your instructions, but still no sound when I booted up in Mac. One thing I did notice, though, is that the realtekALC.kext file that Unibeast 10.4 installs to my /L/E folder says that it's version 3.0, but when I mount my EFI partition, the file I see in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.13 is version 4.0. Not sure why that would be, or if it makes any difference, but I'm including Get Info screenshots of each along with the usual files I'm attaching here.

Attachments

• Attached Files 5.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 55
Set config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1 (Detect does nothing, useless)
Save, install, restart, reply with new files.

Set to 1. Seem like DPCI now doesnt have codexid or revision. Step backwards?

Attachments

• Audio Files.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
the file I see in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.13 is version 4.0
Tried two different methods to install audio. Remove EFI/Clover/kexts/10.13/realtekALC.kext
Restart, reply with new files

Back