Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Consequences remain.
Rebuild cache: Terminal:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
For HDMI audio, remove/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Item 0 (Rename HDAS to HDEF or change HDAS to HDEF).
Restart, reply with new files.

Thanks for the help.
Rebuilt the cache and disabled /ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Item 0.
Here is the new file but seems not much difference.

Attachments

• noaudiodevices.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 76
DSDT edits are not recommended and impossible to support; suggest Clover, ssdt or kext techniques. Double patching (IGPU: dsdt and Clover) should be avoided.
Remove edit dsdt, restart, reply with new files.

My machine can not find audio drivers
Your responsibility
Rules: • Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
See Post #1/Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

Why are you using imac14,2?
I didn't change the machine version, I guess it is the default one from the installation.
Should I change it to something else to make the audio working?

Remove edit dsdt, restart, reply with new files.

This is a solution to Realtek ALC1220 codec, on ASRock Z270 Fatal1ty ITX/ac MOBO.

I think it may be working - at least HeadPhones and Speaker (Internal Speakers) options work.

This is what i did - as much as for me recording what i had to do as for anyone else. I removed the DSDT.aml as you suggested, rebooted then:

1. Followed: Before You Install Audio Guide and restored my saved AppleHDA.kext from the 10.12.6 install
  2. Left the prior installs of FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext in place (kexts/Other) Solution #1 of
    Quick Fix: 200/X299/300 Series Kaby Lake Audio, Onboard and/or HD 6x0 HDMI
  3. Followed: No Audio Devices - X299 / 200 Series / 300 Series Patcher
    • But especially the recommendation by MacMan this order:
I've found that you should install Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALCxxx -> 100 / 200 Series Audio in MultiBeast and this patcher first. Then reboot then install Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALCxxx -> ALC1220 in MultiBeast.

• So this means I downloaded the guide's Clover-Unsupported_Audio_Controller .zip file, uncompressed and ran it after the FIRST step quoted above.
  • I then followed the Guide for Audio Inject ID #1 in No Sound - AppleHDA Realtek Audio_v2 [Guide] which showed I have Green port producing sound for Internal Speakers or Headphones option.
  • Finally I used the guide at AppleHDA HDMI Audio_v2 [Guide] to run the audio_cloverHDMI-130_v0.6.command in gDebug=2 mode (went in and edited the script to set that value). I then loaded the generated .aml files and config.plist file into my EFI directory and rebooted.
  • I still have Internal Speaker working in Audio ID #1 however:

a) I don't see a HDMI port out for either Nvidia or HD630 - does a HDMI port/cable need to be connected to a sink in order to see it ? HDMI is listed in the HW/audio/devices System Information (see attached).
b) The speaker or Headphone connection to my front panel SUCKS - breaks up and is extremely noisy - is that a cabling / connector issue or is that a device issue - i didn't try re-cable the front panel. There is NO such problems with the mobo connector on back
c) have not been able to test with a microphone input yet

thanks for all the help.

Now onto a) Wireless - not working at all b) USB port limit c) High Sierra d) iMessage. Whew.

t

Attachments

• teceiMac-Audio-Partially-Working.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 75
Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it is the default one from the installation.
imac14 is 8 series chip set/4th gen processor
imac17 is 100 series chip set/7th gen processor

Suggest imac17, restart, reply with new files.

Back