Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Something tells me I'm not winning the award for complete submissions.

Thanks for your patience and help.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Audio problem 3 2.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Thank you so much Toleda for all your work on these issues. I've used your HDMI audio guides in the past with great success.

This time, though, I'm stumped and after 72 hours of clean installs and reinstalls I'm at a loss as to what my problem is and would be grateful for any help you can offer.

I've been running this Hackintosh for nearly 5 years upgraded from ML onwards. Switched from Chimera to Clover a couple OS revisions ago and have managed a few successful updates since. Expected the same with High Sierra. System is:
  • Trying to install 10.13.1
  • GA-H77N-WIFI (ALC892)
  • i5 3570K
  • Boot on SSD, several HDDs as well
  • Previously GTX 650, just upgraded to GTX 1050 Ti (more on this in a moment)
Here's what happened:
  • Planning to do the High Sierra upgrade and the new GPU installation at the same time, I removed the old GPU and proceeded with the upgrade process, following the guide here, using the APFS method.
  • After the install completed and I rebooted, I installed the NVIDIA web drivers and shut down the system
  • To my delight, the system boot up, new GPU showing up in About this Mac and everything.
  • Everything worked - sound, etc. The only problem was anything related to my Apple ID was broken - Mac App Store, iCloud login, etc.
  • I couldn't figure it out and so decided it was worth it to try a clean install (this time didn't remove the GPU).
  • I followed this guide exactly, installing APFS on my boot SSD, running MultiBeast with:
    • UEFI Boot
    • ALC892
    • FakeSMC Plugins
    • Realtek RTL8111 v2.2.1
  • I then installed NVIDIA web drivers again, reboot system (had to remove "nvda_drv=1" from boot args), and skipped the Apple ID sign in this time. Everything seemed to work, including sound. However, I noticed that sound playing from iTunes would mostly work, but from Plex I got nothing, and from YouTube I got nothing. Then iTunes stopped outputting sound too. All of this was over an optical cable.
  • So I did another clean install and tried the AppleALC method described here and then another clean install and tried the CloverALC method in the same guide, and in every case the issue was the same - no sound devices.
  • I've just stripped everything back to the basics - unplugging all other SATA drives, removing the GPU - and did yet another clean install, skipped NVIDIA web drivers, and went straight to MultiBeast this time, and again no sound devices showing up.
It's all very odd because of all the issues I've had over the years running a Hackintosh, sound has never been a problem!

Please let me know if you can spot any issues and thank you so much for any insight you're able to offer.

Attachments

• mtyhk no audio troubleshooting files.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 76
went straight to MultiBeast this time, and again no sound devices showing up
See MultiBeast 10.1.1 Update/*Please Note
If you did not restart before MultiBeast/Audio, no audio is the result.
If you did not remove AppleALC before MultiBeast/Audio, no audio is the result.
Suggest Restart, MultiBeast/Audio, restart.
If no audio:
Boot log is incomplete, attach complete file
Attach all new files
Attach EFI/CLOVER

View attachment 285757
No Audio Devices -
AppleHDA Realtek Audio
_v2 [Guide]
Realtek ALC/Desktop: 885, 887, 888, 889, 892, 898, 1150 and 1220 on board audio
Supports macOS/OS X versions: 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9 and 10.8

10.13/System Preferences/Sound/Output/Internal Speakers > Green audio port
View attachment 285758
Change Log
v1.0 - 10/14/2017: High Sierra Release

Previous thread: No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

This thread solves macOS/Desktop/Realtek missing audio device problems. Posts to this thread must include the files requested in Problem Reporting

If System Preferences/Sound/Output shows audio output devices, see No Sound - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Before You Install Audio - Verify HDEF, identify codec, disable SIP, mount EFI, set Audio ID
1. cloverALC/AppleALC: Before You Install Audio/Post #1
2. MultiBeast: Before You Install Audio/Post #2
Tools - Mount EFI, IOReg, restore AppleHDA
1. Community Software/EFI Mounter v3
2. IORegistryExplorer_v2.1.zip (select View Raw, double click)
3. DPCIManager_ML.zip (select View Raw, double click)
4. Restore native AppleHDA [Guide].pdf
5. Property List Editors
◦ Xcode on the Mac App Store
◦ Property List Editor, PlistEdit Pro, etc.
Problem Reporting - Description, diagnostics, files, screenshots
1. Description of audio problem
2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
3. Procedure/Guide Used
4. Copy of IOReg - IOReg_v2.1/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (Tools 2.)
5. Copy Of Console/All Messages (last boot)/File/Save a Copy As..
6. Installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext
7. Screen shots:
1. DPCIManager/Status (Tools 3.)
2. System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices)
3. System Preferences/Sound/Input
4. System Preferences/Sound/Output
8. Terminal/Shell/Export Test As. . . (if script used)
1. audio_cloverALC-x0.command
9. Clover
1. EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
2. DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log (Tools 3.)
3. EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml (if installed)
4. EFI/CLOVER/ACP/Patched/ssdt(s).aml (if installed)
10. Put all files in a folder, compress and attach to Post
@1 i cant see any audio device
@2 Mac OS High Sierra 10. 13.1 Mainboard GA H170N Wifi Bios F21
@3 ive tried it with Clover an Multibeast, and put an new Kext in S/L/E with Kextbeast
@4in File
@5 in File
@ 6 in File
@7 1 how can I Get an Status from this tool, it doesn’t start
2 in File
3 in File
4 in File

@ 8 no script
@9 1in File
2how does it go
3 no dsdt
4 no ssdt

Edit uploaded files deleted

Last edited:
See MultiBeast 10.1.1 Update/*Please Note
If you did not restart before MultiBeast/Audio, no audio is the result.
If you did not remove AppleALC before MultiBeast/Audio, no audio is the result.
Suggest Restart, MultiBeast/Audio, restart.
If no audio:
Boot log is incomplete, attach complete file
Attach all new files
Attach EFI/CLOVER

Thank you so much for the quick reply. To clarify your point above - I followed the guide and did restart before running MultiBeast, but I booted, as per the guide, from USB (selected in BIOS) and boot drive (selected in Clover).

It sounds like MultiBeast now needs to be run a different way, I didn't realize. If I understand correctly, after the installer completes, reboot selecting the USB drive in BIOS but then boot drive in Clover, run MultiBeast the first time. What you're saying is then restart and select the boot drive in the BIOS and in Clover, and run MultiBeast again?

I just tried that and still same issue. I confess I'm not sure what you mean by remove AppleALC. I just checked the beginning of this thread and the "Before you Install..." thread and don't see reference to it. Is that part of the process even on a clean install?

In any event, I've attached updated versions of all the files here and am eager to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thank you again for your insight and support on this.

Attachments

• mtyhk no audio troubleshooting files v2.zip
    5 MB · Views: 67
Thanks Toleda!!!

Here are the files attached for SIP On / Audio Devices Not Present problem: AudDevSIP.zip

Gigabyte B85M-D3H
CPU:4790K
Graphics: EVGA GT 740 SC 4GB DDR

Last edited:
Back