Contribute
Register

No audio after sleep (Yosemite - ALC892)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, after sleep no Audio but if I reboot it works again, until next time after sleep. I tried loading with new Multi-Beast and the previous version of Multi-Beast same result on 10.10?

Asus Maximus Hero VII w/1150 audio

Same problem, no sound after waking from sleep. The sound comes back after reboot.

The switch from Mac Pro 3,1 to iMac 14,2 worked for me to fixe the audio fail after sleep (first broke with the upgrade to Yosemite). I'm on a GA-Z87M-D3H with the i7 4790k, using MultiBeast 7.1.1 (I did not use MultiBeast 6.x).

Hi Guys,

I just made an very simple and short Bash file which contains the commands to restore audio. It's perfect for lazy people ( including myself :p ). Just double click if your standard Application for .sh files is the Terminal.

View attachment 109342

Yes. This file work for me. Thanks very much.....

Sorry, I probably miss something, but when I try this script, after entering my password, I get in terminal :

(kernel) Can't unload kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA; classes have instances:
(kernel) Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA class AppleHDAStream has 1 instance.
Failed to unload com.apple.driver.AppleHDA - (libkern/kext) kext is in use or retained (cannot unload).
logout

what am I missing ? thanks

[edit] my sound after sleep problem was resolved by changing the model of my Mac with Chameleon Wizard, thanks to the video mentioned above :)

this method worked for me:

Step 5:
After you've installed your drivers and kext files, open up Multibeast for Mavericks 6.1.0

Skip all the drivers except for:
Drivers > Audio > Without DSDT > ALC892

Then build! For some reason, the most recent Yosemite and Mavericks Multibeast ALC892 doesn't work, but this one does!

Thank you very much!:thumbup::wave::D

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

In terminal..

That worked - thanks!

Is there a wakeFromSleep "script insert" somewhere, where this could be inserted to?

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

In terminal..

This worked for me on 10.10.3 Yosemite with board ga-z77n-wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back