Contribute
Register

No Audio After Sleep/Wake - AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Fixes]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i m running 10.11.5 , i installed audio 889 kext from multibeast and works good except after sleep no audio. if i change de smbios to imac it works but ramdoly it doesnt work o the sound is bad . my mobo is ga z68 ap , uefi bios . please helpppp.....

ALC887 | Jack Detection (Sense) Not Working After Sleep (El Captain)

Working:

• Speaker Out (work regardless, no issues)
Issue:
  • Front Headphone jack will work once boot up but jack detection will stop working after sleep.
    • EAPD-Codec-Commander kext (with no edits) didn't work...was not sure what edits were needed to be made. Creating a profile for the ALC887 isn't the problem but troubleshooting what happening after sleep is my problem.
    • ResetHDA had no effect whatsoever
PS: Mic in / Line in (Haven't been tested yet but most likely have the same symptoms)

Step to the right directions will be much appreciated!

Hardware:

MB: Gigabyte H81N (Mini-ITX)
CPU: Intel i5-4460 w/ HD4600
Storage:
  • Samsung SSD 850 EVO mSATA 250GB - El Captain
  • Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB - Win10
  • Segate HDD 1TB 8mb Cache - Storage
PSU: Corsair CX500

Multibeast Config:
  • Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
  • Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC887/888b
  • Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707
  • Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707
  • Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707
  • Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3423 UEFI Boot Mode
  • Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,1
Let me know if anything else is needed...

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 213
  • dpci-pcilist.png
    dpci-pcilist.png
    203.7 KB · Views: 191
  • dpci-status.png
    dpci-status.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 174
  • IORegistry-IOService.ioreg
    4.3 MB · Views: 185
Last edited:
@toleda:

I'm using the ready-made CodecCommander.kext for ALC1150 in S/L/E with 10.11.5.

Audio after AUTOMATIC/MANUAL sleep most of the time works when MANUALLY going to sleep (after waking from autom./manual sleep) and then waking the pc again.

I noticed however that when manually putting the pc to sleep/using automatic sleep for just 5 minutes or so (that is to say a small amount of time) audio does indeed work after sleep...

MoBo's the GA-Z170X-UD3. Clover -> latest version

Could you help me out in any way? Thanks.
@toleda:

I'm using the ready-made CodecCommander.kext for ALC1150 in S/L/E with 10.11.5.

Audio after AUTOMATIC/MANUAL sleep most of the time works when MANUALLY going to sleep (after waking from autom./manual sleep) and then waking the pc again.

I noticed however that when manually putting the pc to sleep/using automatic sleep for just 5 minutes or so (that is to say a small amount of time) audio does indeed work after sleep...

MoBo's the GA-Z170X-UD3. Clover -> latest version

Could you help me out in any way? Thanks.

@austrianhack Austrian did you fix the audio with the CodecCommander.kext or did you go with the external soundcard? I have the same mobo and the same problem and I am stuck. René.

Hi,

I also found that only 0522 worked and above that failed.

Did a bit of looking and I noticed that 0522 has NO ALC1150 specific entries in its plist.

So I removed the entries from the latest CodecCommander plist (Currently 16-0528) leaving just the key

i.e.
<key>10ec_0900_HDA</key>
<string>Realtek ALC1150</string>

Removing all the custom commands etc.

Seems to be working fine and feels a bit better having the latest release.

Not sure if this is exactly ideal, but it works - perhaps the entries should be edited somehow, but they look OK as per the instructions I have read on RehabMan's site.

Cheers,

Jon.

@austrianhack Austrian did you fix the audio with the CodecCommander.kext or did you go with the external soundcard? I have the same mobo and the same problem and I am stuck. René.

Hi René! No, I have actually sold my GA-Z170X-UD3 and went straight with the Asus Z170-A. I always thought that Gigabyte Mobos where the superior ones but boy did I change my opinion on that :)

Everything working great AND also no more audio distortions either! You'll still have to use CodecCommander in S/L/E though!

When it comes to USB sound cards I would highly recommend the ASUS XONAR U7. I've tested about 7-8 USB sound cards from Behringer to Creative and this without any doubt the best.

PS.: To date there is no other solution to your problem than using an external sound card (USB) or waking your pc from sleep (at first no sound), putting it to sleep manually and then waking it again (to finally get sound from ALC1150 after sleep again). At least this is what I found was kind of a "workaround" .... may or may not work for you.

Could someone point me in the direction of detailed instruction on how to use solution #1. Im a bit confused being new to this stuff. The OP makes it seem like the solutions are simple installations, but after following links it seems as though they solutions require many steps. The links to the files you download seem to be tools for editing, not simple installations.

Hi René! No, I have actually sold my GA-Z170X-UD3 and went straight with the Asus Z170-A. I always thought that Gigabyte Mobos where the superior ones but boy did I change my opinion on that :)

Everything working great AND also no more audio distortions either! You'll still have to use CodecCommander in S/L/E though!

When it comes to USB sound cards I would highly recommend the ASUS XONAR U7. I've tested about 7-8 USB sound cards from Behringer to Creative and this without any doubt the best.

PS.: To date there is no other solution to your problem than using an external sound card (USB) or waking your pc from sleep (at first no sound), putting it to sleep manually and then waking it again (to finally get sound from ALC1150 after sleep again). At least this is what I found was kind of a "workaround" .... may or may not work for you.

I bought the Creative Omni Blaster 5.1 works like a champ, but ever since i installed my TP-Link PCI wifi card the video is screwed up and the computer once again does not go to sleep or does not wake up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back