Contribute
Register

No Audio After Sleep/Wake - AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Fixes]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to fix the no sound after wake up on my Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5 by installing the ready made 'CodecCommander' kext into S/L/E with kextbeast.

Hi, Toleda. Me again.

I was finally able to compile CodecCommander with Xcode. If it's helpful to anyone else, the solution to the error message in Xcode "The run destination My Mac is not valid for Running the scheme 'CodecCommander'" is to set the Base SDK in Build Settings to Latest OS X.

(Following tigersoul925's guide)
After compiling, I also had to edit the kext .plist to set the value for update nodes to true on Realtek 1150, and increase the delay to 300. After installing the kext into S/L/E, I also set darkwake=8. Sound IS finally working after sleep, but I've noticed something strange in the way my computer shuts down after these changes: Whenever I choose Shut Down, OS gets closed and power does seem to shut down on the system, however the small light on my WiFi USB stick remains on (which obviously means something is still powering it). When I first noticed this, I removed the USB stick from the back panel, and the computers booted up into the pre-BIOS boot menu. Getting into the BIOS and manually pressing the power button did shut it down completely.

Next time I shut down my computer, same thing happened. Light on the WiFi USB stick was on. This time I pressed a key on the keyboard, and the computer once again booted to the pre-BIOS boot menu. Once again, I had to manually shut it down in the BIOS by pressing the power button.

Can you once again help me out? Thank you.

I was able to fix the no sound after wake up on my Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5 by installing the ready made 'CodecCommander' kext into S/L/E with kextbeast.

There are several ready made "CodecCommander" kexts, sorted by different release date (RehabMan). This one works for my hack (RehabMan-CodecCommander-2015-0522) and others after it all don't work.

There are several ready made "CodecCommander" kexts, sorted by different release date (RehabMan). This one works for my hack (RehabMan-CodecCommander-2015-0522) and others after it all don't work.

Same here. "RehabMan-CodecCommander-2015-0522" worked fine and others after it don't work.

@toleda:

I'm using the ready-made CodecCommander.kext for ALC1150 in S/L/E with 10.11.5.

Audio after AUTOMATIC/MANUAL sleep most of the time works when MANUALLY going to sleep (after waking from autom./manual sleep) and then waking the pc again.

I noticed however that when manually putting the pc to sleep/using automatic sleep for just 5 minutes or so (that is to say a small amount of time) audio does indeed work after sleep...

MoBo's the GA-Z170X-UD3. Clover -> latest version

Could you help me out in any way? Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back