Contribute
Register

No AFPS Volumes Shown by Clover Using a RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to mention: please try BIOS —> CSM Support —> Enabled.

I have had days worth of problems with my setup (at left) before I finally got it working on 10.14.5. My system hated SMBIOS iMac 19,1 so I changed it to iMac 18,3. That worked for a while, but then I lost (for some unknown reason) the video output from my Sapphire RX-580 Nitro+ following boot. The system was booted and demonstrably alive, but black screen, both on primary and backup SSDs. Also "Shutdown" from the Apple menu always resulted in a Restart. Eventually I gave up and downgraded to High Sierra 10.13.6 (build 17G7024), which works just fine. (I think there may be a compatibility problem between Mojave and this particular graphics card.)

Just an update, I did get rid of the XFX RX580 and got a Sapphire Pulse RX580 and it works perfectly.

However, separate issue, I've only got 2 C states, and it turns out my CPU is a Sandy Bridge. I've not had any luck working around that. My computer does work, but tends to run hot.

Just an update, I did get rid of the XFX RX580 and got a Sapphire Pulse RX580 and it works perfectly.
Glad to hear!

However, separate issue, I've only got 2 C states, and it turns out my CPU is a Sandy Bridge. I've not had any luck working around that. My computer does work, but tends to run hot.
If you know about C states, it means you've done your homework. If you really cannot find a solution, try using a liquid all-in-one cooler or a high-quality air cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back