Contribute
Register

Newbie - No HDMI Audio - Intel HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct guide.
If onboard audio is working, no need to change AppleHDA.kext or the method.
IOJones reports the same information as IOReg; the framebuffer guide applies.

So when you say "no need to change AppleHDA.kext or the method", does that mean I only have to do the framebuffer tweaks? Not sure what you mean by method. Thanks.

Nate

The toleda guide is VERY complete and I am so thankful that such capable minds have worked out a solution to supplementing our HDMI audio. I'm relatively comfortable using the terminal etc., yet if I am not mistaken the issue some of us new to the scene are having is with the multiple options. Weeding through the meaning of the different systems (as is the case with such a variation in hardware) has gotten me frustrated at myself for not understanding, so my lack of knowledge nothing more.

At the risk of sounding completely incapable, here is my current understanding and where myself and others could use some guidance:

So those of us with everything working with a Yosemite build 10.10.2, including analog and digital audio (via optical, not HDMI) are missing one piece of the puzzle. I have downloaded iojones, maciasl, and dpcimanager (don't truly understand what all these are for except perhaps interpreting and inserting different commands/scripts (is this a kext?) into os x to allow identification of hdmi audio source).

I have downloaded a number of files, that I hope will allow me to solve the problem. Yet, there are so many different files and paths to take and here I get lost. I have added the provided source to maciasl (https://raw.../master) but am a little unclear of what to do within MaciASL.

Suggestions and instructions for any portion of this install? I imagine my next step could cause issues with the system....

Thank you for your time -

intel i-3 4330 4600 1536 MB
Gigabyte H97n wifi/bt
HDMI out to LED-tv
8 GB patriot Ram
120 gb samsung SSD
OS x 10.10.2 via unibeast -> multibeast 7.1.1
-system backed up via Time Machine (synology 213)-

So when you say "no need to change AppleHDA.kext or the method", does that mean I only have to do the framebuffer tweaks?
Is onboard audio working?
HD4600 framebuffer edits are required for HDMI and/or DVI connectora

I am following

"dsdt/ssdt HDMI audio Guides: HD4600/9 Series/8 Series [Guide]_HD4600-hdmi_audio_(dsdt_or_ssdt)_v2.pdf.zip
Limited 9 Series Support" that I thought you created correct?

I enabled HD4600 HDMI audio in multibeast last night with no success. So do I need the frame buffer edit? How do I know which one I need?

thank you.

I enabled HD4600 HDMI audio in multibeast last night with no success.
So do I need the frame buffer edit?
The guides are correct.
No MultiBeast/HD4600 HDMI audio option, what did you really select?
Framebuffer edits: HD4600/9 Series/8 Series [Guide]_HD4600-hdmi_audio_(dsdt_or_ssdt)_v2/Step 1/2. AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext/

See Problem Reporting, Post #1, HDMI Audio AppleHDA. Post to same thread as the guide.

Is onboard audio working?
HD4600 framebuffer edits are required for HDMI and/or DVI connectora

It works!!!!!!! I had to redo my whole system since I messed something up the other day, but after reinstalling everything and going through the framebuffer edits it all works! Thank you so much!

For anyone else who has a GA-B85M-D3H motherboard and/or Intel i5-4590 CPU all I did was set the system up using UniBeast/MultiBeast, choosing the ALC892 codec. Then I did the framebuffer edits here http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/125239-hd4600-hd4000-hd3000-framebuffer-edits.html This motherboard has three display methods: VGA, DVI and HDMI. In IOJones I searched for GFX0. GFX0@2 was the result of the search. I expanded that and there was AppleIntelFramebuffer@0, AppleIntelFramebuffer@1 and AppleIntelFramebuffer@2. AppleIntelFramebuffer@1 had a port-number of 0x6. That lead me to to choose the 'a' framebuffer edit script. Downloaded and ran it, restarted, and everything works! Thank you so much toleda, this is awesome!

Yes, thanks to Toleda everything working excellently. I did the same as "cheapomac" and after a few restarts I have HDMI audio! This thread is a great resource, best of luck to future hackintoshers.

It works!!!!!!! I had to redo my whole system since I messed something up the other day, but after reinstalling everything and going through the framebuffer edits it all works! Thank you so much!

For anyone else who has a GA-B85M-D3H motherboard and/or Intel i5-4590 CPU all I did was set the system up using UniBeast/MultiBeast, choosing the ALC892 codec. Then I did the framebuffer edits here http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/125239-hd4600-hd4000-hd3000-framebuffer-edits.html This motherboard has three display methods: VGA, DVI and HDMI. In IOJones I searched for GFX0. GFX0@2 was the result of the search. I expanded that and there was AppleIntelFramebuffer@0, AppleIntelFramebuffer@1 and AppleIntelFramebuffer@2. AppleIntelFramebuffer@1 had a port-number of 0x6. That lead me to to choose the 'a' framebuffer edit script. Downloaded and ran it, restarted, and everything works! Thank you so much toleda, this is awesome!

Thank you very much cheapoMac, I enabled HDMI output thx to your post (using GIGABYTE GAH97N-WIFI) your explanation is crystal clear. Thx also to toleda for sharing your knowlege and making it possible. And finally thx to chaskito, I have the same mobo than you and your comment also helped me a lot. Here is my post with extra explanations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back