OnBoard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,

Was hoping someone could explain to me in laymans terms how to get audio working for my 1st Hackintosh rig. Hope I'm not in over my head with all this!

I'm using onboard graphics (Intel HD 4600).
Unfortunately, this guide makes no sense to me -- from terminology to order of operation.:banghead:

Not sure exactly what programs I need to download and what order to do everything in for my specific setup. Is there maybe a video of someone doing this?

Thanks in advance!

I'm having the same issue. I'm fairly computer literate but have no idea how to execute whatever is going on in the guides on that page. Please help ?

Same thing here. I reread the guide several times and still got no idea of what do do....:banghead:
Can someone explain step by step how to make audio work on a Gigabyte Z87 motherboard (Yosemite/Multibeast)? It's a pretty common configuration, I don't understand why there is no simpler guide for this motherboard.

Anyone get anywhere with this yet? I'm in the same boat. The instructions, while a great asset I'm sure, are completely incomprehensible to me. This is not the first time I've undertaken something like this but I just cannot wrap my head around the sequence of events. Any help would be awesome.

Nate

What does not make sense? Specifics?

I just want to say that this guide is perfectly organized and makes perfect sense.
I have successfully made a couple of installs following this guide -

Guys if you really need to watch someone's "video of doing this"..... it's probably not for you.

Anyone get anywhere with this yet? I'm in the same boat. The instructions, while a great asset I'm sure, are completely incomprehensible to me. This is not the first time I've undertaken something like this but I just cannot wrap my head around the sequence of events. Any help would be awesome.

Nate

This guide is very comprehensive, which means there are quite a part of the instructions are not for you - you need to know what you have and which step you need to follow.
Maybe I can help you a bit if you can give me some details of your hardware.

The comprehensiveness definitely gave me trouble, but that's the nature of Hackintosh, so many different configs. I'm running a GA-B85M-D3H motherboard (Realtek ALC892), i5-4590 processor using the built in GPU, with Mavericks 10.9.5. No video card. Used Unibeast/MultiBeast (DSDT free) to get everything working. I started out using the main guide (the one that is sticky) but then saw the Maverick guide so I'm trying to use that. So I click on this link:
2015-02-26 08_25_41-Mavericks_ HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide].png

First issue is the audio kext. Not sure which one to use, as A, D and E ii all appear to be what I need.

2015-02-26 08_30_11-[Guide]_HD4600-hdmi_audio_(dsdt_or_ssdt)_v2.1.3.pdf - Adobe Reader.png

For the framebuffer edits, finding the port number has been a challenge as the process for IOJones doesn't quite give me the results the guide wants. But I need to take another crack at that before I wave the white flag. So maybe just a little help with the audio kext is all I need.

Thanks for any and all help, and thanks to toleda for the guide, even if I can't figure it out :). I've been lurking on these forums for quite a while and thanks to the community my Hackintosh is working great (except for this last piece).

click on this link:
Not sure which one to use, as A, D and E ii all appear to be what I need.
finding the port number has been a challenge as the process for IOJones doesn't quite give me the results the guide wants.
Correct guide.
If onboard audio is working, no need to change AppleHDA.kext or the method.
IOJones reports the same information as IOReg; the framebuffer guide applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back