Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have just finished an install of 10.9.4 on a ProBook 6360b. Everything is working perfectly, other than these few issues. I hope this is the right place to post seeking help.

Firstly, the trackpad on this model is very rectangular (90mm x 45mm). I believe the driver thinks it is closer to being square, as when I move the pointer up/down, the sensitivity and acceleration is far greater than if I move it left/right. Is there something I can edit to fix this?

Secondly, I have no multitouch functions other than two-finger scrolling. It is extremely sensitive and can be done with my fingers barely touching the pad. This isn't too much of an issue, but I would really love to be able to navigate forwards and back in safari using left and right touchpad swipes.

Last of all (I hope), I am getting the occasional login screen where my mouse an keyboard are not detected at all. This issue is of lesser priority than the first two, but I have tried things mentioned in other threads to no avail thus far.

Here is a brief overview of what I have done to the machine since purchase yesterday:

- Replaced the stock wifi card with the one suggested in this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/121351-probook-6360b-flawless-install-sans-wifi.html

- Set up the BIOS and followed RehabMan's guide to install Mav in the standard way, fixing the Boot0 error (see previous link for details).

- Installed the FakeSMC and HWmonitor suggested by RehabMan at the beginning of the thread.

- Installed the latest release version of the VoodooPS2Controller, also listed at the start of this thread, then repaired permissions and cache before rebooting.

The last thing didn't seem to make any noticeable difference to the touchpad behaviour an trying different speed settings in the preference pane didn't even out the differing up/down and left/right speeds.

Thanks in advance for reading my wall of text and any help is greatly appreciated.

Set 3-finger in sys pref > keyboard
For keyboard issues, do EC reset

Why don't u follow the sticky guides instead of installing kexts manually?

Set 3-finger in sys pref > keyboard
For keyboard issues, do EC reset

Why don't u follow the sticky guides instead of installing kexts manually?

Thanks for your reply,

There is no option for 3-finger in sys pref > keyboard. Did you mean sys pref > trackpad? If so, there is nothing mentioning 3-finger in there either.

I have no keyboard issues other than the occasional lack of response on the login screen. I'll do an EC reset just to be sure though.

I had a look at the stickies in the HP Probook section. I didn't see anything that I thought could help. Could you elaborate as to which sticky you believe would be helpful to me?

Thank you

Thanks for your reply,

There is no option for 3-finger in sys pref > keyboard. Did you mean sys pref > trackpad? If so, there is nothing mentioning 3-finger in there either.

I have no keyboard issues other than the occasional lack of response on the login screen. I'll do an EC reset just to be sure though.

I had a look at the stickies in the HP Probook section. I didn't see anything that I thought could help. Could you elaborate as to which sticky you believe would be helpful to me?

Thank you

Go to keyboard shortcut and swipe to assign.

Go to keyboard shortcut and swipe to assign.

Thank you very much. :thumbup: That did the trick.

Just the sensitivity issue to figure out now. Do you think there is a value in the Trackpad Info.Plist that can be changed to specify the distances of the X and Y axis of the pad?

SysPrefs->Keyboard->Keyboard shortcuts. Do the swipe instead of pressing key.

- - - Updated - - -

Firstly, the trackpad on this model is very rectangular (90mm x 45mm). I believe the driver thinks it is closer to being square, as when I move the pointer up/down, the sensitivity and acceleration is far greater than if I move it left/right. Is there something I can edit to fix this?

Known issue.

Hello, cant seem to get 3 finger swipe working, using latest probook intaller on 6470b, 10.9.4.

I go into keyboard short cuts to assign but it doesnt register and will only allow me to use keys as shortcuts.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Hello, cant seem to get 3 finger swipe working, using latest probook intaller on 6470b, 10.9.4.

I go into keyboard short cuts to assign but it doesnt register and will only allow me to use keys as shortcuts.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Make sure your fingers are far enough apart to register as three fingers.

All working now thanks Rehabman, you have to be quite precise with the finger positioning dont you.

Yes, it is a firmware/hardware issue with this trackpad.

Hi, I tried to install the kext on my Probook 4530s, but i don't really get it how i install it, i tried but after the reboot i don't have my touchpad or my keyboard working. Hopefully i've SL also installed in my Probook as a kind of rescue system if i've a problem like this. Sorry for my english and thank you for your patience. Amazing work by the way, thank you a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back