Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a working setup with a plist which i downloaded from http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-co...dell-inspiron-17-7000-hackintosh-able-54.html. Now my brightness up and down are not working anymore. Everything should be correctly installed. Can it be that I moved to clover and updated to10.9.1? Strange that the debug gives the same codes as they gave before and that would make this plist correctly configured? Anyway my dell 7737 is working quite nicely thanks to you Rehabman and making it possible to edit my dsdt -the syntax patch you made works great and i can compile without errors :).

I had a working setup with a plist which i downloaded from http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-co...dell-inspiron-17-7000-hackintosh-able-54.html. Now my brightness up and down are not working anymore. Everything should be correctly installed. Can it be that I moved to clover and updated to10.9.1? Strange that the debug gives the same codes as they gave before and that would make this plist correctly configured? Anyway my dell 7737 is working quite nicely thanks to you Rehabman and making it possible to edit my dsdt -the syntax patch you made works great and i can compile without errors :).

The changes from that thread were put into the latest build of the kext.

Assuming you have the same data in your DSDT header it should find it automatically...

Note: You need an extra DSDT patch when using Clover because Clover patches the DSDT header such that the OEM shows as "Apple".

DSDT patch looks like:
Code:
# Override DSDT oemId (for Clover, since it patches with "Apple ")
into method label _DSM parent_label PS2K remove_entry;
into device label PS2K insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "RM,oem-id", "DELL",\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

Whoohaaa -You dit it again...-been spending lot of time searching, if someone else is having this same issue. Mtks, you saved my time and patience. Later on I noticed a small issue with the KB backlighting? it is randomly freezing the system and there is no other option than forced reboot. What can this be ? it as assigned as "no code" in plist. What can cause this?

Whoohaaa -You dit it again...-been spending lot of time searching, if someone else is having this same issue. Mtks, you saved my time and patience. Later on I noticed a small issue with the KB backlighting? it is randomly freezing the system and there is no other option than forced reboot. What can this be ? it as assigned as "no code" in plist. What can cause this?

Keyboard backlight on/off is usually not a PS2 key. Usually handled by ACPI, therefore separate issue...

Keyboard backlight on/off is usually not a PS2 key. Usually handled by ACPI, therefore separate issue...
Ok, tks noted and have to keep my finger away from f10 keyled button ;)

With some DSDT spelunking, you could probably figure out where the code is that is responsible and fix or disable it.

is gesture of 4/5 - fingers possiable? or still in developing:thumbup:

You can find WMI devices in dsdt, and delete them. It works for my Dell Latitude E5430 and Dell Inspiron 7573. The backlight changing still works.

is gesture of 4/5 - fingers possiable? or still in developing:thumbup:

Possible but not without significant development. It would have to be a completely new driver (SMbus based), only for newer trackpads (that have SMbus interface). And it would be pretty ridiculous on the tiny trackpad provided on the ProBook.

You can find WMI devices in dsdt, and delete them. It works for my Dell Latitude E5430 and Dell Inspiron 7573. The backlight changing still works.

Thanks nguyenmac, I will try your suggestion... and report later on -btw mtks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back