Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

This issue may have been covered before, if so I apologise in advance.

I'm having trouble with the VoodooPS2Controller.kext , the touchpad is now working on my laptop (ASUS K53E) however I won't let me drag windows, files etc etc..

The .kext when I first installed from Unibeast worked perfectly, then I updated the bootloader to fix iMessage and it hasn't worked since :( I have the hackintosh working with everything accept the touchpad now..

Any help would be very much appreciated.

EDIT: It's every time I touch the trackpad it re-clicks.. if that helps.

Kind Regards
Adam

What trackpad do you have? (eg. Synaptics, ELAN, etc.)

What trackpad do you have? (eg. Synaptics, ELAN, etc.)

Hi RehabMan,

Thanks for the quick response..

it's the ÉLAN trackpad - it's working at the moment, I uninstalled Voodoo and reinstalled the kexts from the Unibeast install and now it's working in mouse mode, which is good enough for me at the moment.

Is multitouch gestures something Voodoo can add with modifications on my end or is it not supported? I'm sure I've read in places that it wasn't supported.

Everything working now except onboard wifi, is there any USB wifi dongles you'd recommend?

thanks again for the very quick response, nice to see there's support available when needed :) I've struggled on my own for about 2 weeks trying to get this to boot properly.

kindregards

adam

Hi RehabMan,

Thanks for the quick response..

it's the ÉLAN trackpad - it's working at the moment, I uninstalled Voodoo and reinstalled the kexts from the Unibeast install and now it's working in mouse mode, which is good enough for me at the moment.

Is multitouch gestures something Voodoo can add with modifications on my end or is it not supported? I'm sure I've read in places that it wasn't supported.

Everything working now except onboard wifi, is there any USB wifi dongles you'd recommend?

thanks again for the very quick response, nice to see there's support available when needed :) I've struggled on my own for about 2 weeks trying to get this to boot properly.

kindregards

adam

If you have ELAN you'll want to use a driver specific to ELAN...

Hi,
I installed again. I had not deleted acpipsnub.kext before nor had I copied the daemon or the plist to its destination.

Now its working. The trackpad is better.... no more accidental clicks.

However, the swiping gestures like you had mentioned in the changelog and disable feature of the trackpad does not work. Also I cannot change my brightness using the Fn+F2/F3 keys. I still use Fn+ Right Shift(pause) key to increase brightness and well there is no setting for decreasing brightness. Fn+F12 works for eject :) Also I cannot disable the trackpad.

PS: I got the Logitech T650 working in OSX. just edited the kexts for unifying device and downloaded logitech control panel. If I edit both with device ids, I canget it to work in mac. However, it functions as a basic mouse. Some gestures work wildly. Yup. I get gestures but not all of them. I got 2 finger vertical and horizontal scroll in Logicpro. Also zoom. Bettertouchtool wont recognise it because the actual trackpad is not recognised as a trackpad but a keyboard!

My system is a DV6 6116TX Laptop bios I think is F1B ie SP55068. I have to say typing this, the scroll detect while typing is amazing...its accurate. thanks a lot.

EDIT: Trackpacd does not work on Login screen.

Hi,
I installed again. I had not deleted acpipsnub.kext before nor had I copied the daemon or the plist to its destination.

Now its working. The trackpad is better.... no more accidental clicks.

However, the swiping gestures like you had mentioned in the changelog and disable feature of the trackpad does not work. Also I cannot change my brightness using the Fn+F2/F3 keys. I still use Fn+ Right Shift(pause) key to increase brightness and well there is no setting for decreasing brightness. Fn+F12 works for eject :) Also I cannot disable the trackpad.

What swiping gestures? Three finger? Did you configure them in SysPrefs -> Keyboard?

What computer is this for. Each laptop has different assignments for Fn+fkey scan codes. For a computer other than the ProBook, you may have to customize. See the wiki on github.

As far as disabling the trackpad, there are several ways the trackpad can be disabled:
- automatically when you plug a USB mouse (provided you have the setting in SysPrefs->Accessibility to enable this OS X feature)
- double tapping in the upper left corner
- hitting the keycombo (on ProBook is Fn+prtsc [sysrq]). Other computers keycombo may vary and may need customization.

PS: I got the Logitech T650 working in OSX. just edited the kexts for unifying device and downloaded logitech control panel. If I edit both with device ids, I canget it to work in mac. However, it functions as a basic mouse. Some gestures work wildly. Yup. I get gestures but not all of them. I got 2 finger vertical and horizontal scroll in Logicpro. Also zoom. Bettertouchtool wont recognise it because the actual trackpad is not recognised as a trackpad but a keyboard!

I'm not sure how this relates to the PS2 driver.

My system is a DV6 6116TX Laptop bios I think is F1B ie SP55068. I have to say typing this, the scroll detect while typing is amazing...its accurate. thanks a lot.

EDIT: Trackpacd does not work on Login screen.

What do you mean doesn't work? If you are referring to "tap to click" not working, that is an OS X feature. I believe you can change it by logging into root and changing the syspref -> trackpad setting for "Clicking."

What swiping gestures? Three finger? Did you configure them in SysPrefs -> Keyboard?

No I had not. I just did it. It works. Thank you very much. Have set brightness up and down to F2 and F3! Must have missed it in the Github details somewhere.

What computer is this for. Each laptop has different assignments for Fn+fkey scan codes. For a computer other than the ProBook, you may have to customize. See the wiki on github.

This is for a HP Dv6 - 6116TX Pavilion Notebook. Its amazingly similar to the Probook series but there are very minute differences on the motherboard that means there was some manual work to be done ...for eg.... Applhda ... just 1 single node is extra on this series and that meant that no other kext out there would work on the board. I use the probook installer for the SSDT in this case and screen brightness fix + sleep etc. Thats how similar it is.

As far as disabling the trackpad, there are several ways the trackpad can be disabled:
- automatically when you plug a USB mouse (provided you have the setting in SysPrefs->Accessibility to enable this OS X feature)
- double tapping in the upper left corner
- hitting the keycombo (on ProBook is Fn+prtsc [sysrq]). Other computers keycombo may vary and may need customization.

1) Trackpad does not disable itself when I plug in the mouse. I have a logitech G600 mouse which is supported on OSX.
2) Double tapping in the upper left corner does not work like it does in Windows.
3)This one is a Lol one for me ... hitting Fn+prtsc= Dvd eject ...also Fn+F12 does the exact same thing.

I'm not sure how this relates to the PS2 driver.

Well I was hoping that since I at least got the t650 up and running on OSX which no one else could till now, that maybe you could give me some pointers or point me in a direction to well... somehow try to get this working ...since you managed so much with the synaptics one till now.

What do you mean doesn't work? If you are referring to "tap to click" not working, that is an OS X feature. I believe you can change it by logging into root and changing the syspref -> trackpad setting for "Clicking."

I mean doesn't work.... no tracking at all. The cursor does not move on the login screen. Keyboard works. No other usb devices or anything plugged in.

Don't worry mate. I wasn't complaining in my previous post. Since I feel you took it that way. I never post on the forums unless its constructive.

I wanna help out here, since I have a DV 6 series laptop which is very similar to the probook series. If I can get this running with your help, you can add this to your list of expanding systems :)

I am here to test and help out.

1) Trackpad does not disable itself when I plug in the mouse. I have a logitech G600 mouse which is supported on OSX.

It will only do that provided:
- you have installed the daemon correctly
and
- you have enabled this behavior in SysPrefs -> Accessibility -> Mouse & Trackpad

2) Double tapping in the upper left corner does not work like it does in Windows.

It is very sensitive to the location & timing. It could be the location data coming from your pad is different than the ProBook. It can be tweaked in the Info.plist. It is also only enabled if the LED is detected and properly reported. There are ways to override that in the Info.plist as well. Run the debug version to provide data about your startup (there is a bunch of info about the trackpad that goes to system.log at startup) and you can also see where the taps are happening and if they are within the range specified by the Info.plist.

3)This one is a Lol one for me ... hitting Fn+prtsc= Dvd eject ...also Fn+F12 does the exact same thing.

You need to find out what key combo will generate a scan code of 'e037'. Or find a key you want to use and map that scancode to 'e037' using custom ps2 map.

I mean doesn't work.... no tracking at all. The cursor does not move on the login screen. Keyboard works. No other usb devices or anything plugged in.

Does it work if you unplug your USB mouse?

Do you have a touchscreen?

If you remove the daemon, does it work at the login screen?

If not, run the debug version to gather data during the login screen. Provide ample time between using the trackpad and actually logging in, such that you can identify the data in the log by timestamp.

Don't worry mate. I wasn't complaining in my previous post. Since I feel you took it that way. I never post on the forums unless its constructive.

I wanna help out here, since I have a DV 6 series laptop which is very similar to the probook series. If I can get this running with your help, you can add this to your list of expanding systems :)

I am here to test and help out.

I didn't think you were, but generally any query results in more questions than answers because most people aren't software developers and have no idea how to report issues properly... Or how to provide a detailed description of the issue...

If you do a custom keyboard layout (eg. custom Platform Profile... sounds like you've already done some of that), let me know what you do, and I'll include it in the next official build.

Some issues to report:
1. Sometimes my keyboard just stops to work. I can use it again when I unplug the mouse and plug it again (weird!!!). I suspect there is something with the VoodooPS2Daemon. I don't think it's reproducible, since it occurs occasionally.
2. Sometimes my touchpad in not turned off at the login screen, when my mouse is connected (and I always keep my mouse plugged in). When I unplug the mouse and plug it again, the pad turns off like it should. Since this can be seen on one boot of (let's say) 10 or 15, I don't think this is reproducible either.

Some issues to report:
1. Sometimes my keyboard just stops to work. I can use it again when I unplug the mouse and plug it again (weird!!!). I suspect there is something with the VoodooPS2Daemon. I don't think it's reproducible, since it occurs occasionally.

You could remove the daemon for temporary testing to see if it is at fault. Or you could provide ioreg dump when you see it happen. And if I remember correctly, you can also kill the VoodooPS2Daemon process to see what happens (I'm thinking that the VoodooPS2Daemon re-enables the trackpad before it dies).

But you're saying your ps2 keyboard is not working... so... I have a feeling it is something else, and probably specific to your USB mouse, since it appears to be killing the entire input system (that is, VoodooPS2Daemon does not affect the PS2 keyboard driver).

2. Sometimes my touchpad in not turned off at the login screen, when my mouse is connected (and I always keep my mouse plugged in). When I unplug the mouse and plug it again, the pad turns off like it should. Since this can be seen on one boot of (let's say) 10 or 15, I don't think this is reproducible either.

Is your mouse working when that happens? I have an external (wireless) mouse always plugged in as well. And I notice every so often, the USB ports don't work on a fresh boot/restart (bluetooth and mouse is not working, trackpad is enabled as mouse is not detected as connected... because it isn't).

If that is what you're seeing, it is a problem with USB2, not with the daemon/ps2 drivers. You will notice that your bluetooth is still disabled in this scenario (since it is built-in, you can't unplug and plug back in).

You could remove the daemon for temporary testing to see if it is at fault. Or you could provide ioreg dump when you see it happen. And if I remember correctly, you can also kill the VoodooPS2Daemon process to see what happens (I'm thinking that the VoodooPS2Daemon re-enables the trackpad before it dies).

But you're saying your ps2 keyboard is not working... so... I have a feeling it is something else, and probably specific to your USB mouse, since it appears to be killing the entire input system (that is, VoodooPS2Daemon does not affect the PS2 keyboard driver).

Yes, maybe this issue is USB-related, but unfortunately I have no other kind of mouse to try with, I have this mouse and one Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 and both are wireless with a mini transmitters. One more thing I've noticed, maybe the keyboard is not stopped, just disabled, because when I type anything on it, let's say in the terminal, no output is produced and when I disconnect the mouse, all that I've written appears in the terminal window.

Is your mouse working when that happens? I have an external (wireless) mouse always plugged in as well. And I notice every so often, the USB ports don't work on a fresh boot/restart (bluetooth and mouse is not working, trackpad is enabled as mouse is not detected as connected... because it isn't).

If that is what you're seeing, it is a problem with USB2, not with the daemon/ps2 drivers. You will notice that your bluetooth is still disabled in this scenario (since it is built-in, you can't unplug and plug back in).

Yes, I can use the mouse in the login screen. Just the pad is not disabled like it should be. And yes, it happens mostly on cold boot. If the USB ports are being activated later than the PS2 bus, maybe we are talking about a timing issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back