Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any possibility to find a remaped version of VoodooPS2, so it can match the different kind of keyboard, eg. this one from this page New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad
Some modified ApplePS2controller kexts work that way, but they are inferior in other things comparing Voodoo (sleep/wake problems, etc.)
In VoodooPS2 audio position is ok, but we have brightness graphics symbols on f9/f10 and Voodoo always choose other keys for brightness. There are many laptops out there with this type of keyboard. Can it be done?

Hey Rehabman,

I've been using the trackpad a bit more lately (been using external mouse and monitor mainly) and I have noticed that if I move my finger slowly in the vertical direction the cursor seems to accelerate much faster (like a jump) at the the top and bottom 1/3 of the trackpad but the middle 1/3 is fine and the horizontal direction is fine.

It only appears to happen with 1 finger cursor and not the 2 finger scrolling. If I change the Tracking Speed settings in Sys Pref and use the slowest setting, the cursor speed is consistent across the entire vertical direction of the trackpad. The higher I set the Tracking Speed, the larger the acceleration jump in the top and bottom 1/3 of the trackpad, so if the setting is put on the fastest setting the cursor 'jumps' 1/4 of my screen.

Has anyone else reported this or have I missed a setting?

@noreye yep, I noticed it as well

Hey Rehabman,

I've been using the trackpad a bit more lately (been using external mouse and monitor mainly) and I have noticed that if I move my finger slowly in the vertical direction the cursor seems to accelerate much faster (like a jump) at the the top and bottom 1/3 of the trackpad but the middle 1/3 is fine and the horizontal direction is fine.

It only appears to happen with 1 finger cursor and not the 2 finger scrolling. If I change the Tracking Speed settings in Sys Pref and use the slowest setting, the cursor speed is consistent across the entire vertical direction of the trackpad. The higher I set the Tracking Speed, the larger the acceleration jump in the top and bottom 1/3 of the trackpad, so if the setting is put on the fastest setting the cursor 'jumps' 1/4 of my screen.

Has anyone else reported this or have I missed a setting?

It is probably caused by there being a dead zone at the very edges of the trackpad. There might be something that could be done in the driver... I'd have to look at the raw data.

On my machine it is not really as large as a third, but only at the very top and bottom transitioning out of the dead zone.

It is probably caused by there being a dead zone at the very edges of the trackpad. There might be something that could be done in the driver... I'd have to look at the raw data.

That'd be great if you wouldnt mind taking a look or is there an easy way for me to send you a log?

On my machine it is not really as large as a third, but only at the very top and bottom transitioning out of the dead zone.

I just double checked and it is indeed about 1/3, I get about a pinky width along the top and bottom and i have 3 pinkies to a trackpad. Real scientific i know :)

That'd be great if you wouldnt mind taking a look or is there an easy way for me to send you a log?

I just double checked and it is indeed about 1/3, I get about a pinky width along the top and bottom and i have 3 pinkies to a trackpad. Real scientific i know :)

No need for a log, I can see it happen here (sort of).
When I have time, I'll look at it. If you want me to not forget, post it as an issue on github.

No need for a log, I can see it happen here (sort of).
When I have time, I'll look at it. If you want me to not forget, post it as an issue on github.

Done and done, sorry for the super large font at github, dont know how that happened or how to get rid of it.

You probably didn't install it correctly. Make sure you follow all installation instructions. Be sure you don't have ApplePS2Controller or AppleACPIPS2Nub loading from somewhere else (USB key, /Extra/Extensions, /Extra/Preboot.dmg, /Extra/Extensions.mkext, etc.)

Keyboard scan codes vary between machines. That's why I implemented custom keyboard mapping via keyboard Info.plist. See wiki on github for more information. Note: custom keyboard mapping is only available with my version.

Off-topic, but... I'm certain audio codecs are not the same. AppleHDA.kext patches are specific to audio codec. Find out what audio codec you have in Linux then search for patched AppleHDA (also requires DSDT edits to select layout-id) for that codec.

Ok will try again from scratch. Must have missed something. Just got my hdmi audio working fully. it had stopped working due to some incomplete work in snbgraphics.kext.

Ok will try again from scratch. Must have missed something. Just got my hdmi audio working fully. it had stopped working due to some incomplete work in snbgraphics.kext.

OK. Good luck...

Hi there,

This issue may have been covered before, if so I apologise in advance.

I'm having trouble with the VoodooPS2Controller.kext , the touchpad is now working on my laptop (ASUS K53E) however I won't let me drag windows, files etc etc..

The .kext when I first installed from Unibeast worked perfectly, then I updated the bootloader to fix iMessage and it hasn't worked since :( I have the hackintosh working with everything accept the touchpad now..

Any help would be very much appreciated.

EDIT: It's every time I touch the trackpad it re-clicks.. if that helps.

Kind Regards
Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back