Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, RehabMan

I need help with my Fujitsu's circular scroll-pad.

With your driver everything is working great but with one little problem.

I can't rest my palm while I'm typing at all, every time I have my hand near the circular scroll-pad my cursor would go mad.

I've checked the console and I've found lots of errors:

ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte0 data (98) from PS/2 controller
ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte0 data (xx) from PS/2 controller

Is there anyway I can disable this circular scroll-pad (I don't need it <hate it!>)? or would be best to make it work just like under windows.

I've tired to disable it with DSDT but not working so far.

Thank you for all you've done!

I don't know as I don't have that hardware. But first step would be to provide some debug output by installing the debug version. Both debug output from the trackpad at startup and when you are using the circular scroll-pad. In Console, system.log, filter for 'ps2'...

Is there anyway I can disable this circular scroll-pad (I don't need it <hate it!>)?

Use Screwdriver.kext and pliers.patch. ;)
Srsly, just cut some wire if all that thing gives you is anger, and enjoy the revenge and the relief!

dg

New build. Version 1.8.2. A few bugs fixed especially the loading problem with Keyboard driver on Snow Leopard.
See change first post and change log.

Hi RehabMan,

Can I use this new kext for my HP5330m ?

"mb-manufacturer" = "HP"
"mb-product" = "164F"

I think no, but can you put this mb in your plist ?
Best regards.

Hi RehabMan,

Can I use this new kext for my HP5330m ?

"mb-manufacturer" = "HP"
"mb-product" = "164F"

I think no, but can you put this mb in your plist ?
Best regards.

I can. Currently we have two different keyboard layouts for ProBook. One for ProBook 4530s (and others) that is a 102-key layout, and another for different ProBooks that have a 87-key layout. It can be a bit misleading since many of the ProBooks with the smaller keyboard use the 102-key layout (even though they have less keys than that).

Currently we use the 102 on: ProBook 4520s, 4530s, 4330, 4230s, 4540s.
And the 87 on: ProBook 8460p, 6470b.

If you look at the Keyboard driver's Info.plist, you can see how they are mapped and you could try each one to see which one is appropriate. From one photo I saw of the keyboard, my guess would be the 87 is a better match because of the layout of the Fn+Fkeys and their labels for the special "media functions." match more the 8460p/6470b.

If neither of those layout match, we can always make a custom layout for it.

Hey RehabMan, thank you for your VoodooPS2Controller. :) This kext enables my ALPS TouchPad to work on my Gateway NV5932u. I noticed that the tracking speed of the trackpad is slow, compared to the USB mouse. I went to System Preferences and clicked on Trackpad, but it said no trackpad found.

I installed the VoodooPS2Controller kext as well as the VoodooPS2Daemon and the org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.daemon.plist.

Hey RehabMan, thank you for your VoodooPS2Controller. :) This kext enables my ALPS TouchPad to work on my Gateway NV5932u. I noticed that the tracking speed of the trackpad is slow, compared to the USB mouse. I went to System Preferences and clicked on Trackpad, but it said no trackpad found.

I don't think the ALPS code has anything in it to make the Trackpad prefpane appear. You can use SysPrefs -> Mouse to make some changes, perhaps. Since I don't have ALPS hardware, I haven't been able to test nor make any improvements to that part of the driver. I've only been keeping up with the changes in architecture elsewhere and keeping the ALPS part building. Frankly, I'm always surprised it still works at all.

Maybe a dev will come along, fork my code, and bring feature parity of ALPS up to the Synaptics driver (do you have any C++ experience?)

I installed the VoodooPS2Controller kext as well as the VoodooPS2Daemon and the org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.daemon.plist.

The daemon isn't really compatible with ALPS (it just won't do anything, but immediately exit). It is, however, compatible with VoodooPS2Mouse (if ActLikeTrackpad is set in Info.plist) -- you might try that instead and see if you get better results. To use VoodooPS2Mouse instead of the ALPS driver, remove VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext (it is in PlugIns folder of VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents), then rebuild cache and reboot.

hello Rehabman , i'm using your drivers (1.8.1) on my lenovo x220 with synaptics touchpad and trackpoint , today i had this in my console and touchpad stop working , the trackpoint worked ok :

4/9/13 6:44:24.000 PM kernel[0]: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected reset (aa 00) request from PS/2 controller
4/9/13 6:44:24.000 PM kernel[0]: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte0 data (d0) from PS/2 controller
4/9/13 6:44:24.000 PM kernel[0]: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte0 data (35) from PS/2 controller
4/9/13 6:44:24.000 PM kernel[0]: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte0 data (16) from PS/2 controller

it happen while i was watching a movie with mac blu-ray player, if you want take a look , thanks .

hello Rehabman , i'm using your drivers (1.8.1) on my lenovo x220 with synaptics touchpad and trackpoint , today i had this in my console and touchpad stop working , the trackpoint worked ok :

4/9/13 6:44:24.000 PM kernel[0]: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected reset (aa 00) request from PS/2 controller
4/9/13 6:44:24.000 PM kernel[0]: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte0 data (d0) from PS/2 controller
4/9/13 6:44:24.000 PM kernel[0]: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte0 data (35) from PS/2 controller
4/9/13 6:44:24.000 PM kernel[0]: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte0 data (16) from PS/2 controller

it happen while i was watching a movie with mac blu-ray player, if you want take a look , thanks .

Usually, it means that your trackpad has spontaneously reset itself (after which it is in relative mode instead of absolute mode). Supposedly it can be caused by static discharge and other environmental events. I have code that detects this (you see it in the first item logged), and for a while I had code to re-initialize the trackpad when that happens, but it caused problems and needs more work, so I disabled it temporarily. It is on my list to eventually implement properly. Hopefully these spontaneous resets don't happen too often for you.

The 'fix' will probably be in my next release, which will be post-ProBook Installer v6.1 (as it will likely be destabilizing and require significant time to test).

they don't happen often, good to know a fix is in the works , bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back