Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I managed to get it working properly by myself but thanks anyway ;)

Hi Team. The Touch pad is the only thing left to fix on my Dell Precision M4600.
I installed the ElanTouchpad 2.1.3 according to the instructions provided but no results on the Touch Pad.
I am missing a configurations Step?

Thanks for the Great Work.

ML 10.8.2 Running on
Dell Precision M4600
4 G Ram
329 HDD
Nvidia Graphics
Intel Ethernet
Intel Wireless Chip replace with Dell Wireless 1510 BCM

Hi Team. The Touch pad is the only thing left to fix on my Dell Precision M4600.
I installed the ElanTouchpad 2.1.3 according to the instructions provided but no results on the Touch Pad.
I am missing a configurations Step?

Thanks for the Great Work.

ML 10.8.2 Running on
Dell Precision M4600
4 G Ram
329 HDD
Nvidia Graphics
Intel Ethernet
Intel Wireless Chip replace with Dell Wireless 1510 BCM
Including the Audio is running fine.

I had the Voodo utility for Mouse. but no luck. but due to only Erratic movement on the Keyboard little Pointer I decided to Try with the Elan Touchpad 2.1.3 but nothing yet.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Including the Audio is running fine.

I had the Voodo utility for Mouse. but no luck. but due to only Erratic movement on the Keyboard little Pointer I decided to Try with the Elan Touchpad 2.1.3 but nothing yet.

Any Help would be appreciated.

My version doesn't have any special support for Elan. It would be detected as a mouse (which should work fine, provided you don't have any conflicting kexts installed). What is this "Elan Touchpad 2.1.3" you refer to?

Not surprising. You can retry now w/ my latest commits.

Mini Guide:
- xcode 4.52 (I have not upgraded to 4.6 yet)
- open VoodooPS2Controller.xcodeproj
- click on VoodooPS2Controller at the top of the project tree
- select VoodooPS2Controller under Project
- change Architectures to 'Standard (32/64-bit Intel)'
- multi-select all the Targets
- change Architectures to 'Standard (32/64-bit Intel)'
- build (either w/ menu or with make)

No idea if it works. I've never run OS X in 32-bit mode.

If you have the command line tools installed it should be as easy as adding
Code:
-arch i386 -arch x86_64
as xcodebuild arguments to create a universal build or just
Code:
-arch i386
for a 32bit build.

If you have the command line tools installed it should be as easy as adding
Code:
-arch i386 -arch x86_64
as xcodebuild arguments to create a universal build or just
Code:
-arch i386
for a 32bit build.

I just made a change to the 'makefile' such that you can:

Code:
make OPTIONS="-arch i386 -arch x86_64"

Easy as pie...

Here are my keyboard info for HP Elitebook 8460p
Code:
      "mb-manufacturer" = "HP"
      "mb-product" = "161C"

I have enabled Vertical Scrolling in Trackpad plugin, and it works well. What's about CircularScrolling Divisor and Trigger? I have enabled them too and there is no circular scroll like Windows.

Attachments

• Keyboard-Info.plist
    7 KB · Views: 302
Code:
      "mb-manufacturer" = "HP"
      "mb-product" = "161C"

I have enabled Vertical Scrolling in Trackpad plugin, and it works well. What's about CircularScrolling Divisor and Trigger? I have enabled them too and there is no circular scroll like Windows.

Well, on Windows it is the official Synaptics driver, and in this driver you will probably have to read the code to determine what circular scroll is and what the trigger means. I did at one time, and "it works", in that you can scroll if you start dragging from the trigger area and kind of move your finger around (left or right of center), but given that I really don't know what it is supposed to do, and am not really that interested in finding out (two finger scroll works fine for me), I haven't tried to "improve" that area of the trackpad code. But rest assured, it works just like it did when the original code was written by whoever wrote it.

And thanks for the 161C info... I'll take a look at it.

Code:
      "mb-manufacturer" = "HP"
      "mb-product" = "161C"

I'm having some difficulty understanding what you did for HP:161C (well, in this plist you have it in 167C, but I assume on your machine it is in the HP:161C section)

You have all the Fn+fkeys/fkeys defined in "Function Keys Standard" (each mapping to themselves), so a total of 24 active items. But in "Function Keys Special" there are only a total of 16 (8 in each group). Is there a reason you didn't swap the other keys? Ideally, all of them should switch when you change the option in Keyboard Prefs. Or does your laptop only have 8 F-keys?

And these are prevtrack/nexttrack:

e045=4d
e052=42

Are those keys (e045/e052) Fn+fkeys?

This is scroll-lock mapped to play/pause:

46=34

Does your laptop not have the play/pause button?

New version 1.8.0 uploaded.

Changes are described in the README.md. Big change for this version is that it is easier to install if you have my version of kozlek's FakeSMC installed, so it is recommended that you install it. This is what will allow me to put out only a single build of VoodooPS2Controller for all computers as the configuration can be tweaked depending on motherboard identification. You will notice in the list of downloads that there is no longer a ProBook specific version, just some ProBook specific files which are only for the case where you are not running the FakeSMC mentioned here.

You will find links to FakeSMC and the VoodooPS2 build (with install instructions) at the first post.

RM, maybe is just my impression, but the scroll of this new version is less smoother than the previous one. I noticed that with the 2 finger momentum scrolling (from up to down or down to up) and the 2 finger scrolling from left to right and right to left (maybe is related to the Resolution/ScrollResolution change you made).
Can you check it please?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back