Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest version was uploaded two months ago? :confused:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/downloads

Where can I download the newest one?
1.7.7 is the last stable release. But there is a beta 1.7.10 available as an attachment in the first post.

github has deprecated their 'downloads' feature. At some point w/in the next 60 days or so, those downloads will be removed by github. I'm still researching where I'm going to place binaries when I do a release (maybe googlecode), but for now betas are attachments in the first post.

Hello RehabMan
Because of my late years in programming, linux, objctive c, and because my direct interest in developing a driver that works properly under OSX environment I want to help you develop/debug this driver. For this I need some support from you to get used to what this project state is and what are the current bugs that are known to happen when some operations are done under OSX system.

Do you have some technical documentation sheet that your code is based on? I found something on synaptics website http://www.synaptics.com/sites/default/files/511-000275-01_RevB.pdf and i'm not realy sure that you are using this piece of paper that your support for development.

Visit the project page on github. This is all described in the README.md.

The latest problems that i have found browsing this topic i think they have their answer inside some specification sheet that describes the hardware procedure that is done when initializing the touchpad.

This init bug on certain computers appears to be solved.

The trackpad works after sleep/wake on my 4540s. Great work, congrats!
I don't know where to copy "VoodooPS2Daemon" and "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon.plist", so I only installed the KEXT.

The trackpad works after sleep/wake on my 4540s. Great work, congrats!
I don't know where to copy "VoodooPS2Daemon" and "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon.plist", so I only installed the KEXT.

For installation instructions, read the README.md on github project page.

The one bit of weirdness I'm seeing in the last few versions I've tried (I THINK the .8 and .9 versions built from source and the .10 version from the top of this thread) is that the F2 and F3 buttons don't raise and lower the brightness anymore, though they ARE triggering the F2/F3 keypresses in the Keyboard viewer. The rest of the function keys seem to be working as intended. Home/Scroll and PgUp/Pause DO lower and raise the brightness now.

The one bit of weirdness I'm seeing in the last few versions I've tried (the .8 and .9 versions built from source and the .10 version from the top of this thread) is that the F2 and F3 buttons don't raise and lower the brightness anymore, though they ARE triggering the F2/F3 keypresses in the Keyboard viewer. The rest of the function keys seem to be working as intended. Home/Scroll and PgUp/Pause DO lower and raise the brightness now.

If you are building from sources (w/ xcode IDE), you get the "generic" version without Probook specific key mappings. You can use command line 'make' to build the Probook specific version (or even install it). See 'makefile' for more info.

If you are using the version at the 1.7.10 version provided in this thread, you should get function keys or special mappings depending on your Fn key setting in System Prefs -> Keyboard. So you might want to check your setting there.

Also, do not use the Probook Installers "fn+combos" switching. For this version, that functionality in the Probook Installer is deprecated.

The only way I could see (Fn)F2 and (Fn)F3 keys not working with brightness correctly but the rest of the function keys working as you expect, is if you had mistakenly applied 07_Brightness.txt patch to your DSDT.

The only way I could see (Fn)F2 and (Fn)F3 keys not working with brightness correctly but the rest of the function keys working as you expect, is if you had mistakenly applied 07_Brightness.txt patch to your DSDT.

Ahh, this would be it. I almost guarantee this is what I did. I updated my BIOS to F.30, rolled my own DSDT, updated my CPU and probably compiled a fresh version of this from source all at the same time.

Thanks for the help!

I have a several problem with VoodooPS2
1) My trackpad doesn't work totally.
2) Sound-wheel also doesn't work.
Whether should I change something in the plist?
My computer is Acer Aspire 8942G.
So that? with AppleACPI2Nub and ApplePS2Controller everything works. Except, the botton of touchpad which switches on and switches off touchpad.

I have a several problem with VoodooPS2
1) My trackpad doesn't work totally.
2) Sound-wheel also doesn't work.
Whether should I change something in the plist?
My computer is Acer Aspire 8942G.
So that? with AppleACPI2Nub and ApplePS2Controller everything works. Except, the botton of touchpad which switches on and switches off touchpad.

1. You need to provide more information. What, specifically, doesn't work.
2. Which version are you using? (generic one posted in ML laptop forum, or the one here, specific to ProBooks)
link to laptop forum thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...oller-keyboard-trackpad-clickpad-support.html

Also, your sound-wheel could be generating scan codes that are not mapped in the keyboard driver (if it generates scan codes at all). To determine, install the debug version and look at Console system.log output to determine what codes (if any) your sound wheel is sending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back